Kim Jong Il: Possibly dead?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, is the North Korean dictator dead or alive?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/4998961/kim-jongil-died-in-2003/

A Japanese expert on North Korea is claiming that the role of the "Dear Leader" has instead been played by a group of doubles since 2003, when he says the President died of diabetes.

The word "reclusive" hardly does Kim Jong-Il justice. The 66-year-old was last seen in public on August 14, when he inspected a military unit.

"Already he has died. A lot of information came from Pyongyang ," he told The World Today.

The proof of the North Korean leader's passing is varied and rests on the main claim that Kim Jong-Il is being played by a number of convincing imposters.

The fake Kims are said to be the wrong height and are always shadowed by one of four senior military figures.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it is definately believable. The party wouldn't want it to be publicly known that he was dead, it would have bad consequences within the country, since there is no leader pre-picked to take over. The party needs to keep him alive (kind of like in Star Trek!) for as long as possible to maintain control. Just think of the foreign relations consequences as well. If KJI dies, it will make the DPRK a great target both for democratic countries as well as China....

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Holy Moon Over Parador, Batman!

The little putz is cold and stiff - and North Korea is unfortunate enough to nw have a gang of actors who are just as bad as the original??

I thought this odd situation of Communist Dynastic Succession would continue with his son, Kim Ill Will....... he can't be happy about a bunch of faux dads messing up his empire....

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Found this news that may add to this conversation.
WASHINGTON - North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il may be gravely ill, perhaps the victim of a stroke, U.S. and other Western officials said Tuesday after he failed to appear for a major national parade. If so, it could jeopardize the already troubled international effort to get his nation to abandon nuclear weapons.

Full story.

Dead, stroke victim or whatever, how does this affect the role of North Korea in international relations and does it make them a bigger or smaller terrorist threat?

tkd75

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, we know that Kim Jong-nam won't be taking over. His fake Chinese passport to visit Tokyo Disneyland debacle in 2001 took care of that. Kim Jong-chul was appointed deputy chief of a leadership division of the Workers' Party in 2007. I don't know if that says he will be taking over, but Jong-il does have one other son. I don't know much about him though.

Very interesting....

tkd75

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just read this:

By JAE-SOON CHANG, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 47 minutes ago

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea's Kim Jong Il had brain surgery after a stroke last month and could have partial paralysis on one side, media reports said Thursday, after the South Korean government said the communist leader remained in control of his country.

Foreign doctors, possibly from China and France, performed the operation after Kim, 66, collapsed about Aug. 15, the newspapers Dong-a Ilbo and JoongAng Ilbo reported, citing unidentified government officials.
Kim's condition has improved and he is not suffering from slurred speech, a disability often associated with a stroke, the reports said.

Full story here:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
All I keep thinking about now is the old Saturday Night Live news and "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead"

If memory serves, National Lampoon's take was, "Franco dies, goes to Hell"

To resolve this, somebody should check the sign in log at the Infernal Regions to see if this poison dwarf has signed in.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a guy that works for me that WONT accept that kim jong il is dead. granted, i dont know, but he is dead set on proving he is still alive

Latest Discussions