Kicks

shc89

White Belt
Reaction score
i'm taught that when i kick my kicking leg should pass near my standing leg and not like kick boxers do it because the path the leg has to go through is shorter,so the kick is faster but i get the feeling that the kick is less powerful(altough faster) than swinging kick.is it true ?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
To a degree, (and it depends on the kick) but bear in mind that a KO's a KO. How hard do you need to be hitting someone for it to be an effective strike?

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
For every degree you move your leg perpendicular from your body the more power you lose due to switching from your primary muscles to secondary.

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think the type of kick would say the best postion and stance. A front snap, the balance is close as well of the snaping movement would cause one to lose balence if bringing the kick to the out side. But a crest. kick outside to inside the effect would be what is needed. A round house off the rear would be a kick in the same wide arc. But a side post or side kick would not be in the same balance point. But Hey what do I know!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i'm taught that when i kick my kicking leg should pass near my standing leg and not like kick boxers do it because the path the leg has to go through is shorter,so the kick is faster but i get the feeling that the kick is less powerful(altough faster) than swinging kick.is it true ?
You are dealing with two different philosophies of kicking. I would recomend countouring the base leg, but thats my lineage speaking.
Sean

OP
S

shc89

White Belt
Reaction score
for me it's more natural to kick from the side...

Latest Discussions