Kicking and kicking and more kicking

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am very hungry for teaching TKD I will talk to one of my students and see if he has some space where I can teach once per week in his house, maybe a couple of friends can join and eaarn some money too, who knows?

Manny

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ah! so sorry!!!! I thought you were referring to your Taekwondo Dojang as Dojo... :(

This reminds me of something that the president of the German Taekwondo Union, Dr. h.c. Park Soo-Nam said:

"You have two eyes and two ears, but only one mouth. So look (watch/read) twice and hear (listen) twice before you say something once." ;-)

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Since I often travel for work, I looked for a club that either had weekend classes, or would let me pay as I go. I have now trained a couple times with the one club that lets me pay as I go, and it's a "kicking, kicking, and more kicking" type of club.

After warm ups, we do line kicking in the air, so many times in so many combinations, and I find my technique falls apart as I get out of breath from high kicks. Kids don't seem to get out of breath though, as they don't do the high kicks as instructed - they just stay mid-section.

I'm not sure if it is good to kick until technique falls apart. What do you guys think? On the one hand, I like focussing on technique. On the other hand, kicking over and over is good for conditioning.

On the plus side, it's not a Korean club so KKW BB testing is $250, rather than the $600 at the Korean clubs.

Since I like kicking, and it's the only club that's meets my schedule, I plan on going once per week, for fun, with no pressing need/desire to test beyond my current 1st geup belt.

Latest Discussions