Key-do.

M

MartialArtist

Well, I have a swiss army knife key chain... It's probably sharper than those keys, and it can also clip my nails!

Legal tool? Even a firearm is a legal tool. Everyone should read their state laws. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

Anyway, back on topic, is this a joke? Security personnel have different, more effective weapons. However, the whole idea of defending yourself with keys is a new and interesting concept, and although I personally have no use for it, wouldn't mind seeing some schools incorporating more situational exercises for people who can't use their environment under pressure. :rofl:

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Interessting - anybody tried it?

For me it looks a little unhandy. He shows it without other keys, and how would you hold it with a bunch of keys attached to the other end?

But upfront experience would be nice to hear about!

/Yari

K

KenpoDragon

Give me a break, pressure point strikes, vital strikes,etc.etc. Yeah if you've had martial arts training, other than that it's a big dorky looking key that doesn't open anything. Besides if you have had training in the martial arts a pen or pencil works just as good, or wrap your keys around your hand, home made brass knuckles, and neither will cost you $14.95. Regular people should stick to pepper spray and tazers, don't take your chances with the big dorky key-do.

Sincerely,
KenpoDragon:asian:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So are you guys saying a kuboton is useless also?

M

MartialArtist

I have about 13 keys that I carry, and if I have that, it will take me a while to grasp onto it... And it will be a pain to walk around with and carry around your pocket, or loop around your belt.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have all my keys on a carabiner... the carabiner is the perfect size to grip. Makes for a pretty wicked backfist.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
In the state of Victoria, on the south east coast of Australia the Kubotan is an illegal weapon. But that's ok. I drive a car that has keyless entry, ie you push a button and the buttons in your car doors pop up. The actual key that comes with this model car is about 3 - 4 inches long... Who needs a kubotan?:)

--Dave

:D

Latest Discussions