Kevin Chan Acheives Black Belt in BJJ

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Master Kevin Chan, founder of Kamon Wing Chun acheived his black belt in BJJ on Saturday 2nd February 2008
http://p102.ezboard.com/Kevin-Chan-promo-to-Black-Belt-amp-6-new-Brown-Belts--RGA/fsfuksubmissionfightinguksfukmmaforum.showMessage?topicID=25940.topic
A big congratulations to him

Congratulations to Sifu Chan for this major achievement. In this era where eight-year-old kiddie black belts are commonplace, I understand that Black Belts in BJJ are a major acheivement taking many years of dedication and hard work--the way it should be! Kamon, perhaps you could elaborate?

tenth1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
fantastic achievement, i assume sifu chan must be reasonably old to take up a new art and reach black belt level is an achievement indeed, what a great attitude to have inthe martial arts!!!!

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well he is around 40 years old, although he looks younger than I do!! And moves quicker than I do!!

He started BJJ around 10 years ago and works almost daily on BJJ

To put it into context there are only five BJJ black belts in the UK under Mauricio Gomes

Kevin Chan is the only wing chun master to acheive this

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It posted up on another forum I go on... with pictures ( post em up Kamon Guy lol) he certainly doesn't look his age! Roger Gracie was there too.
It's an impressive achievement, please pass my congrats on!

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah Roger is an extraordinary exponent of BJJ

I have heard rumours that he will be possibly entering UFC which will be awesome!

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

BJJ is a lot of fun and reaching black belt level skill is a great achievement!

I hope things keep getting better and better!

Sincerely,

Juan M. Mercado

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard only good things about him! if he fancies kicking his MMA career off please ask him to contact me! We're Pride & Glory Ultimate Fighting. Tell him please that 'JSho' knows me!

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've heard only good things about him! if he fancies kicking his MMA career off please ask him to contact me! We're Pride & Glory Ultimate Fighting. Tell him please that 'JSho' knows me!

Thanks for the kind words.
I don't get to see Roger much as I train BJJ very sporadically.
Kevin Chan is certainly talented enough to enter MMA. He is talented at BJJ, wing chun and kickboxing/boxing (enough to knock me out and I'm triple his weight)

Yet I think he is happy with training new students and living life to the full

Latest Discussions