Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Wisdom In Talking

Washington Post op-ed
By John F. Kerry
Saturday, May 24, 2008; Page A21
Excerpt:

As President Bush commemorated Israel's 60th anniversary by attacking Barack Obama from overseas, here at home he found an all-too-frequent ally: John McCain.
When Bush accused "some" -- including Obama, Bush aides explained -- of "the false comfort of appeasement,"
((SNIP)) Uh, no, in fact, the White House DENIED targeting Obama.
Iran has grown stronger: continuing to master the nuclear fuel cycle; arming militias in Iraq and Lebanon
((End Excerpt))
Wait, Iran is arming terrorists? Why hasn't the UN done something?

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to call them "lies." Those are opinions of Mr. Kerry. Indeed, that was the perception among much of the media regarding President Bush's speech.....the perception being that it was aimed at Mr. Obama.

Well, yes, Iran has been arming Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza Strip. The Bush Administration and the UN isn't really doing anything since both of those organizations won elections which allowed them to gain political leverage....one of the unintended consequences of Bush's push for democracy in the Middle East. The lesson is that elections alone does not a democracy maketh. That policy has been an utter failure....see Hamas winning elections in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon and in Iraq.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The first, could be, as you say, his perception, BUT, that the president's aides confirmed Obama was the target is nothing but a lie.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
....... that the president's aides confirmed Obama was the target is nothing but a lie.

Not a lie, at least, not his lie. It was propaganda, as seen on CNN
here:

The president did not name Obama or any other Democrat, but White House aides privately acknowledged the remarks were aimed at the presidential candidate and others in his party.

:rolleyes: Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to call them "lies." Those are opinions of Mr. Kerry.
Any opinion of Kerry is a lie to me.

Did anyone actually listen to or read the full speech? If you are up on your pre-wwII and WWII history then it should be immediately recognizable for what it was. Not an attack on Obama, but a commentary on fascists who will not follow the treatries they sign; people who should not be negotiated with; and a few examples of the poor souls who bravely worked to secure a false peace with wicked people who would not have peace.

I think we should name a state after Obama, we could call it ALObama.

Latest Discussions