Keeping Motivated

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was just wondering what some of you do in order to keep motivated. Today was just one of those days where I felt plain lazy and didn't want to do anything productive. I'm sure its normal for us to have those days once in awhile, but don't want to find myself starting a pattern.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh do I know that feeling! lol

I think the best thing you can do is force yourself to do something even though you don't feel like it. It usually gets easier once you get started. Most of life is habitual. Thirty days sounds like a long time to force yourself to do a specific activity, but if you do it daily it will become a habit.

The hard thing is when there is so much to do and you don't feel like doing any of it! Having a lazy day here and there happens to everyone, and those days are good to have once in a while. A mental health day so to speak. But, do that for a month and guess what, habit. Maybe allow yourself one or two days a week where you don't have to do anything at all. The rest, hard as it may be, just get moving.

I know for me weather has a lot to do with it too. The winter hear has been awful and I just want to hibernate. I know once spring starts setting in I'll feel alot more motivated to do things.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh do I know that feeling! lol

The hard thing is when there is so much to do and you don't feel like doing any of it! Having a lazy day here and there happens to everyone, and those days are good to have once in a while. A mental health day so to speak. But, do that for a month and guess what, habit. Maybe allow yourself one or two days a week where you don't have to do anything at all. The rest, hard as it may be, just get moving.

During the Winter I take as many of those as possible...I believe it is a tonic to the system to just spend a whole day doing nothing

I know for me weather has a lot to do with it too. The winter hear has been awful and I just want to hibernate. I know once spring starts setting in I'll feel alot more motivated to do things.

Amen Jade.....

ktaylor75

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My way of motivating myself is to beat myself (no, not literally) but beat/ surpass my previous records. As silly as it sounds, I find it rather motivating when I can do just one push-up today than I did 2 days ago, or when my roundhouse kick gets a couple inches higher, or today...I went to the gym this morning and was determined to go 2 miles on the treadmill in under 20mins...lol...I did it in 19:15...yay me, that in turn motivated me to "one up myself," so I continued to 3 miles...28:25...wow! I now have given myself new motivation to continue, cause now I have a new goal of my own to beat. Motivation has to first come from within and how bad one wants it.

(And if that fails, I have found that one of the best ways to get myself motivated is to help motivate someone else. Sounds silly, but it works.)