Kanji, anyone ?

A

Autocrat

So, hands up all those that have looked up, tried to find, scoured/searched/strived to find relevant Kanji for their kata, club name, personal name, families, pets etc.!

Now, hands up all those that are successful!
(Not including those that know the language!)

Yeah... thought so... small number, followed by smaller number!

SO...... I think I have the correct kanji for the majority of our katas, our club, our weapons, yet I have two serious problems.... no real way to ascertain if they are correct.... secondly I am still missing some..... TONFA/TOUNKWA/TUIFA etc..... beginning to think they lied to us and just made it up! I can find Grinding wheel, I can find grain.... ca't make handle fit (to + wa, but - the unk?)

Did you know that Sai has around 14 to 28 meanings... one of them being RHINOCEROS.... LOL... man, that kata will never be the same again... just picture pulling a pair of them out and sparring!

So, is there anyone who can help, either point me to some sources or that can actually speak/write the language and confirm for me, please? I have spent a total of 4 1/2 days, (totalling in excess of 40 hours), doing this and going stark raving made!
Please help if possible... I may be able to help others get the basics, but as I neither read nor write the language, I'm unable to gaurentee its validity, (which I strongly dislike!).

Any offers of help coming?

Latest Discussions