Just curious

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
With some of the... animated discussion that goes on across this board, and he fact that we have people from various political delusions^Wpersuasions...

Is anyone really happy with what their government is doing?

Or do we have more in common in our frustrations then we have disagreement in where we lay blame?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
With some of the... animated discussion that goes on across this board, and he fact that we have people from various political delusions^Wpersuasions...

Is anyone really happy with what their government is doing?

Or do we have more in common in our frustrations then we have disagreement in where we lay blame?

We are heavily programmed to buy "Brand X" or "Brand Y" in all aspects of our lives including politics. But when we get past that we all have more in common than our masters want us to realize. Keeping us from seeing that is the whole point of the political system.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think from whatever perspective you approach US Government, you'll find frustration. Our system of government isn't perfect, and was never created to be that way, only to aspire to be better.

When people go on and on about the US being the end-all, be-all of the world, that gets me frustrated; not in their blindness to the way the world works, but to the increasing amount of lazy stock many Americans place in a government that has and will lie to them; and ignores many social needs in favor of corporate profit. That's my frustration.

As far as comfortability goes, I'm fairly happy. I'm not ducking bombs or checkpoints or the clashes of rival warlords (unless you consider consumer goods manufacturers to be warring factions, then yes).

The cost of a human life in the US is so high that we squabble over whether or not a newly-inseminated embryo is considered "alive", where in other countries, starving children are treated as vermin to be exterminated. I'm comfortable with that, and the political BS that comes along with the squabble here in the US.

My basic needs are met. Outside of taxation, the government has no control over my right to pursue my life needs. My family is not in some concentration/labor camp like in other countries. That's pretty cool, too.

I'm also ecstatic that I can complain all I want about the government, and I can also get other people to agree with me, and not have government agents banging on my door to "ask me questions."

In general, I'm not truly happy with the US government or what they are doing. Nor am I truly dissatisfied. People who truly believe they are completely happy/dissatisfied with the government are sheep. Sorry.

Our government was meant to be a perpetual work in progress. And that means having an opinion and remaining actively informed of the world around, and not giving in to propaganda or defeatist mentality when it comes to making a change.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy is a relivant term which is used way to much, we accept thing because it is the way of this country. I for one am OK as far as accepting thing but I for one am not happy with everything. To me me this means alot.

Latest Discussions