Just bought a book by grand master IP CHUN

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Its called WING CHUN KUNG FU traditional chinese kung fu for self defence and health. I am very interested in wing chun and seen this in the book store and snached it up. It seems pretty cool. I wish Yip Man had some books out there, its nice to get the info straight from the horses mouth. Anyone have this book? Is it a good book to learn from?

OP
DeLamar.J

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have read my book. I enjoyed it very much. However I found myself laughing toward the end because there is no way I can learn this style from a book. The techniques are way to advanced to learn from a book. The thing I enjoyed the most about the book was learning about the history of the art and the people who wrote the book. Even though I cant learn the art from a book I still recomend it to anyone who likes Wing Chun because it is very informative, but trying to put the techniques to use without a teacher aint gonna happen, as with any art. I learned a little bit, but the back of the book says you can easily master Wing Chun with this book lol. Not that I belived it, but hey, I bet that helps sell the book and get the art out there for more people to see, if the means justify the end, I guess.

Latest Discussions