Junior Natioanal Team Trails

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me and my family will be in Colrado Springs from January 2nd 2008 till January 7th 2008, to help my oldest son Zachary try and make the Junior Team as some of you know. My question is simple will anybody else be there and if so would you like to meet up with each other?

If so PM me and I will give you where we are staying and such.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me and my family will be in Colrado Springs from January 2nd 2008 till January 7th 2008, to help my oldest son Zachary try and make the Junior Team as some of you know. My question is simple will anybody else be there and if so would you like to meet up with each other?

If so PM me and I will give you where we are staying and such.

Terry, I would love to - and I'll be off work that week, too. I'll talk to you about it when I'm down in Texas next week.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd love to, but I'll be here in LA. My best to your son. With you as his coach, he'll be great!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Stoker,

We will be there as well. My daughter is fighting in the Welter division on Sunday but we will be at the OTC all day both days to see all the action and look forward to perhaps meeting you.

I will shoot you a PM with our hotel info.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Stoker,

We will be there as well. My daughter is fighting in the Welter division on Sunday but we will be at the OTC all day both days to see all the action and look forward to perhaps meeting you.

I shot you one back and hopefully we can meet, I enjoy meeting people though MT. Tell your duaghter she will be great and best of luck. Zachary fights on Sunday as well and we arrive on the second to enjoy the sites.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Stoker,

I shot you one back and hopefully we can meet, I enjoy meeting people though MT. Tell your duaghter she will be great and best of luck. Zachary fights on Sunday as well and we arrive on the second to enjoy the sites.

Good luck to both of your kids!! Just competing at that level is SOMETHING, even if a spot isn't earned this year. Please let us know how it all works out and pass on our admiration!

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry and Mango, I wish your kids the best of luck. Keep us up on how things turn out for them OK. I can't make COS but I will be at the US Open in New Orleans. Maybe we can hook up there?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry and Mango, I wish your kids the best of luck. Keep us up on how things turn out for them OK. I can't make COS but I will be at the US Open in New Orleans. Maybe we can hook up there?

Wade differently We will be there as well. Looking forward to it.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Stoker,

Go get em, Mango! We're in her corner!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I will be sure to post the results as soon as I can afterwards.

And Wade, if we do make the US Open, it is your turn to buy the brew LOL!!!

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mango, I will be happy to. I think I have 2 players going and if things work out I'm also supposed to be testing there. After that I will be ready for a cold one.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well things did not quite go as planned for us. My daughter won her first fight but lost her 2nd. A win in the 2nd would have meant a trip to Des Moines in April for the Round Robin fight off that will determine the Jr team to go to Turkey in May.

I suppose that is how things go sometimes. She fought very well for both her fights and I am so proud of her for even getting out there and giving it her all. Both of her fights were scored 5-5 into the final seconds of the 3rd and final rounds. The first fight went to OT which she won while the 2nd resulted in a mysterious kyongo against my daughter with just a few seconds left resulting in a final score of 5-4.

We had a great time though and it was really an honor to fight at the US Olympic Training Center. I know she is looking forward to her next visit.

Unfortunately, we were so wrapped up in everything that was going on, I completely forgot to try to connect with Master Stoker. I am sorry for that as I was looking forward to meeting as well. I am sure that we will have an opportunity to give it another go sometime in the future.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just got home mango and like you Zach had a good showing but fell short thid year. I will be at the Open so we can get together there for sure. Tired and getting ready for bed.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just got home mango and like you Zach had a good showing but fell short thid year. I will be at the Open so we can get together there for sure. Tired and getting ready for bed.

Well I know he did his best.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Warriors are the ones who get in the fight. Both Zach & mango's young lady fought & gave it there all. Congratulations to them both. Now that they've seen the competition, they will continue to work & grow from the experience. When they compete at that level again, there will be a different outcome.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Warriors are the ones who get in the fight. Both Zach & mango's young lady fought & gave it there all. Congratulations to them both. Now that they've seen the competition, they will continue to work & grow from the experience. When they compete at that level again, there will be a different outcome.

I second Iceman exactly!

Latest Discussions