Jesus to Appear in MMA Smackdown

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.churchsolutionsmag.com/hotnews/easter-sermon-will-feature-ultimate-fighting.html

As Easter is approaching, one pastor is preaching that Jesus is entering “the Octagon,” or the fighting venue for mixed martial artists in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Spirit of St. Louis Church in Arnold, Mo., and its pastor, Tom Skiles, are branding this Sunday’s message as “Easter in the Octagon: The Ultimate Fighter.” The flier posted throughout the church and other areas notes that for so long Christians have been told they should be “nice guys” when in reality they should be ultimate fighters.
For children, there will be an “Easter Smack Down” with an inflatable boxing ring.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/da...imate_fighting_easter_jesus_didnt_tap_out.php

If Christ were a UFC fighter, which one would he be?
Hmm, I don't' know. I think he'd be a Forest Griffin type. Vicious but yet forgiving. I always make fun of people's images of Christ. The hippie Christ. The Chirst with the long flowing air, like he came straight from the salon. I make fun of that. I don't think he was that kind of man. I think Jesus was a man's man. Him and his disciples. I tell people they probably had teeth missing.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
...so if one of you who live down there could mail me back His autograph, that'd be sweeeeeet.

I'd make the trip and get a photo of myself and the Ultimate Savior to put on the dojo wall, right next to the Gracie and Chuck Norris pics.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Andy, we can harbor your fugitive 3rd Party voting butt in STL City. You just have to assume a secret identity, and pretend to like toasted raviolis and Budweiser.

There's a local fighter here sponsored by Anointed Fighter

"Satan’s fighters are preparing for the ultimate show down against God’s “Anointed Legion” at the Eternity Fighting Championship-“Judgment Day”."

Talk about marketing directly to the psychographic.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hmmm... I'm not doing anything Easter Sunday. I just might stop by and take some pictures.

Hopefully lightning, fire, or brimstone doesn't strike me as I walk through the doors.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That might be a little too tame for the octagon crowd.

I'm thinking "Jesus Saves" or maybe even "Hell Awaits" by Slayer :uhyeah:

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't think this song has any relevance, but when I start thinking of Jesus' entry song....

I think of "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel.

Live. Uncut.

And he would be really into the song... REALLY into it. Like the lyrics were like some sort of Bible to him.

And then I'd expect J-Christ to start off the match with a Superman punch... miss... then get caught in a crucifix.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
"I Am the Resurrection" - Stone Roses

"Hair of the Dog" - Nazareth :rofl: (think Old Testament fire and brimstone)

Latest Discussions