Jeet kune Do-Is it The Art or the Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok--Ok look,
Here we are looking to find out what we want it to be, or
what others tell us it should be(do to they had training w/ so n so person.)
Now lets all stand back & take a breath---now be your self for 1 moment in time.I don't want you to think of any Concepts-Original-Pre 73 ect.
Here we are the man-unique in our own size-height-ways of thought ect....!How can we use our side kick to the max without wasted motion & little effort on our part?How can I maximize my punch without telegraphing & yet have tremendous speed & no loose power?
I will not put any arts down, as I like to dabble in them myself.Here is the problem I see most people do--they just use teachings that they see will work from those arts to call it something & fit it in the circle of the JKD realm!Now be honest & take a long hard look at what you want to use or think you might use.
There --Right there is the main problem--You had to think about it & then practice it to make sure its combat ready & alter it in every way possable.You Had To Think>>JKD is not a matter of this composite of styles.
Free your ambitous minds!Learn to be insubstantial! Learn to flow from what comes from within you--Not man's set ways!In order to be formless you must drop the forms!
JKD has a simple way--We don't think, blink or breath! The art is like that.It becomes you.You can't become the art by adding systems & styles &
claims of 'I trained with all 3 lines'.Be Your Self First!

Kwai chang caine

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'll answer with a quote. "Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system." -Bruce Lee

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator note:

Thread locked.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Super Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.