Japanese Sword Fighting by Masaaki Hatsumi!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had this book for awhile now and I am just getting down to writing a review for you. This book is impressive in every way. From the cover to the back of the cover through all of it's 241 pages, it is a work of art. The pictures are flawless and amazingly shot. One photo on page 121 of Sensei with a sword is really well taken from a high vantage point. I particularly enjoy the history and the philosophy. This book is similar to Sensei's last two in that they are all beautiful and artisticly done, they are however not blue prints to technique. (even though they have technique's within them) It would be hard to understand the technique's unless you study Budo Taijutsu and have close contact with what is being taught in Japan. Truely a fantastic piece of work! I hope Sensei continue's to publish and deliver such high quality books on Budo!

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree! I really enjoyed reading it. The photos were awesome and to me the real secrets are not in the pictures but the words he writes. Again, awesome book!

A

AgentSmith

just got this today. i was able to skim through it and it looks beautiful. i also like the photography a little more than the photography in the advanced stickfighting book...that fake blurred motion thing they had going kind of bugged me...although otherwise just as beautiful.

i'm gonna actually start reading it asap.

Latest Discussions