Training with Shuko

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Couple threads about Shuko latley...

How many people train with, or practice techniques that rely on, shuko on a fairly regular basis?

Fallen Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
I only really done Shuko training when dealing with gyaku waza. Most of the time its at night and when you feel those things dig in you know what they are. Of course after you have them on you start to explore other avenues to use them.

I think the principle of Shuko are more important then actually going and buying yourself a set. We have used Senban in place of Shuko and also finger nails etc.

:ninja:

SummonerCloud

White Belt
Reaction score
i like and would use shuko and have adapted a fighting style similar to the use but have nt bought shuko,and onloy sued makeshift ones that fell apart in 5 secs,but i wanna make or buy sturdy ones,then i'd PwN^^

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see Shuko as really just an extension of what I am doing with my hands. So really whether they are off or on it makes no differance in what I am doing. Just a differance in what the other person would be feeling! :rofl:

I do try to practice the Sanchin No Kata at least a couple of times a week with Shuko just to get the feel of wearing them.

They really are a very innovative tool that were basically invisible until used. One of the very cool things about Budo Taijutsu is the innovations that are within the art.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
I see Shuko as really just an extension of what I am doing with my hands. So really whether they are off or on it makes no differance in what I am doing. Just a differance in what the other person would be feeling! :rofl:
We have used them a little too and that is precisely how I view them. "All same!" :asian: