Iranian/Israel peaceful compromise?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1386531

It seems Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has offered a peaceful compromise to Israel....move to Europe. What a guy. These seems to be what passes for peaceful compromise among Islamic extremists.

"Some European countries insist on saying that during World War II, Hitler burned millions of Jews and put them in concentration camps," Ahmadinejad said. "Any historian, commentator or scientist who doubts that is taken to prison or gets condemned."

He went on to say.

"Let's give some land to the Zionists in Europe or in Germany or Austria, so they can have their government there," he said. "They faced injustice in Europe, so why do the repercussions fall on the Palestinians? Offer a piece of land from Europe, and we will back this decision and will not attack this government."

I'm suspect this is foreshadowing Iran unveiling it's nuclear capability. It's an interesting time to be in the middle east.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sad... you know, sometimes I just wish I could survive in Antartica where there was no news, no war, no nothing and just live and ignore the rest of the world.
:viking3:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Satt said:
Sad... you know, sometimes I just wish I could survive in Antartica where there was no news, no war, no nothing and just live and ignore the rest of the world.
:viking3:

We can form a new government there and call ourselves dual kings :D Ninja territory of Antartica hehe

On a serious note, I read the article last night... Some of my Jewish friends are going to get a kick out of it. Its a bit ridiculous. Jews have just as much claim to the territory as the Palestinians, in reality its an older claim. I don't see Israel leaving any time soon (at least based on my spiritual beliefs, but I don't offer that as "proof").

MrH

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Propaganda and rhetoric. But I agree, the question is, why this distraction and why now?

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Propaganda and rhetoric. But I agree, the question is, why this distraction and why now?

Trying to get attention and become a world player. Coincidence it happened close to the nuclear talks? Think not...

MrH

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't you just love fundamentalist regimes?

Without getting into the Palestinian-Israeli conflict (which I'd love to participate it if someone were to start a thread), the UN offered to split Israel into two countries. The Palestinians refused. Here we are.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loki said:
Don't you just love fundamentalist regimes?

Look, leave the U.S. out of this.

I wonder where the regional stability for Israel is going to come from. I don't see peaceful coexistence on the horizon, sadly.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey here's an idea...what if we figure out what US state has the lowest population and just give that to Isreal? Then the Pals will shut the hell up and we can let the rest of the middle east kill each other off anyway!!! Heck, then we can integrate the Isreali army with ours!!! No THATS a good concept!!!!!!! Happy day.

:partyon:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
in reality its an older claim.

MrH
Not to pick on you, just curious. Wouldn't it just just a fundamentalist on our part to believe that people have a right to land they lost claim to over 2000 years ago? I'm not anti Israel I'm just pointing out that 99% of the Islamic world is uneasy with the existance of Israel, and saying the last 2000 years doesn't count, is like saying the Islamic world doesn't count. Your not going to catch Americans offering their land back to the Indians, which is only a 200 year old claim; so, calling Islamic unrest crazy and radical is only a way of gearing ourselves up to do battle with them. Once a Pan Arab aliance is formed by ("the man in the blue turbin") a charismatic leader the world has a serious holywar on its hands. Any responsible religious person sees that the war will come; its the fact that they are causing it to come that scares me.
Sean

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
Not to pick on you, just curious. Wouldn't it just just a fundamentalist on our part to believe that people have a right to land they lost claim to over 2000 years ago? I'm not anti Israel I'm just pointing out that 99% of the Islamic world is uneasy with the existance of Israel, and saying the last 2000 years doesn't count, is like saying the Islamic world doesn't count. Your not going to catch Americans offering their land back to the Indians, which is only a 200 year old claim; so, calling Islamic unrest crazy and radical is only a way of gearing ourselves up to do battle with them. Once a Pan Arab aliance is formed by ("the man in the blue turbin") a charismatic leader the world has a serious holywar on its hands. Any responsible religious person sees that the war will come; its the fact that they are causing it to come that scares me.
Sean

Can't really get into this without getting to much into religion LOL. There has been unrest between Islam and Jews since their origins that many people think originated with Isaac/Ishmael. Regarding your American Indian claim, I'll agree... just claiming there are multiple old claims to the territory. Considering that both think it to be a spiritual claim pretty much makes it a very hot topic.

MrH

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Based on discussions that I have had with Iranian people, the policies of the Iranian government are by no means reflective of the mindset of average Iraninan citizens.

This is nothing more than an attempt at rallying support against the West (using Israel) from militant Arab groups. Its largely unsurprising - the Iranian government has been supporting extremist groups for a long time.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course Iran is a country that the US regards both the government and its opposition as enemies; so, the government of Iran may as well attempt whatever it wants. The US is in its back pocket; because, there is no hope for the opposition to gain US support. "Might as well go for a soda..."
Sean

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
Sean

Both the Israelis and Palestinians have a claim to the land they're sitting on, no debate here. Jews lived in this country centuries ago, Palestinians lived here half a century ago. The original plan made room for both peoples.

Saying that 99% of the Islamic world is uneasy with Israel is a mistake, and sounds like media report. In reality, Israel has peace with Jordan and Morocco, a less than ideal peace with Egypt, neutral relations with Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Bahrain, Pakistan, Afghanistan, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Qatar, Oman, Tunisia, Kuwait, Mauritania, and Iraq. Syria, Iran and Lebanon and Palestinian extremists are the only countries that currently count as agressors. Sudan and Libya, not really. I'm not denying a dislike of Israel in the Arab/Muslim world, but it's not 99%.

Calling Muslims crazy and radical just a "casus belli"? That's propaganda at best. Some Muslims really are crazy and radical. When a person blows himself up on a holiday eve in a hotel in an attempt to kill as many unarmed innocent children, women and men as he can, that's crazy and radical.

Pan Arab alliance? Why hasn't one formed yet and why would one suddenly form? Which countries would be member in this alliance and how would it differ from the Arab League? And what's the man in the blue turban?
Arab military alliances have been formed before against Israel, in the Six Day War, Israeli Indepedance War and Yom Kippur War. They lost every time.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right to claim or not, theyre both there now.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The REAL Islamic fundamentalist terrorists, like Bin Laden, don't just want Israel. They want the whole enchilada: a GLOBAL caliphate founded on Shari'a law. As long as this extreme element exists, the likelihood of any peaceful compromise isn't likely. In fact, even when Israel and the Palestinians do seem to reach a compromise, the extreme element intervenes, usually with a suicide bombing of some civilian target.

OP
sgtmac_46

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phoenix44 said:
The REAL Islamic fundamentalist terrorists, like Bin Laden, don't just want Israel. They want the whole enchilada: a GLOBAL caliphate founded on Shari'a law. As long as this extreme element exists, the likelihood of any peaceful compromise isn't likely. In fact, even when Israel and the Palestinians do seem to reach a compromise, the extreme element intervenes, usually with a suicide bombing of some civilian target.
Exactly. The fundamentalists believe that Allah has given them a mission, to bring 'the law' to the infidel. Not every person must convert to Islam, but every person MUST live under Islamic law (That's the tolerance of fundamentalist Islam).

Latest Discussions