interviews with animecon folks

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Got this off another message board:

http://thekwoon.com/theater/FanimeCon.mov

I am proud/ashamed to admit that I recognized a few of the characters represented. It's a mixed thing.

Most of them seem pretty laid-back.

Several Rumiko Takahashi characters.

ETA: sword-chucks - worst idea ever? lol!

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
okay...the guy with the sword chucks needs a swift kick to the jimmy...the female Miroku was cool...gotta love Cammi from SF...I'm guessing the guy with the cardboard head was a Gundamn...the Alucard was a major dork...the Faye was...extremely attractive...the people from .hack actually looked the part...and along with the guy with the sword chucks the Goku needed a swift kick...Vash was...er...okay...and I agree, the last two were good, Bob. :)

A

AnimEdge

Wow how sad :p I missed Akon and the other dallas con, lost track of when they where :p Cid and Hopposai was the best constums :p
And im shocked i havnt seen that Foamy Ep yet :p
Uh Anime Fans, manly the cosplayers are a interesting group :p
Me and my GF are planning on cosplaying as Mulder and Skully from the X-Files for the UTA-Con coming up so hopefully we will have pictures :p

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I wanted to go as Mystic Gohan..well...er...the "evil" Mystic Gohan...no way in hell I was gonna shave...to a con that was in Dulles...plans for that fell through... :(

A

AnimEdge

i new a guy who had the whole costum for The Great Sayiaman

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
eh...that's a little too hokey for me....I misinformed about the Mystic Gohan...it was actually the black suit he wore under the Saiya-Man costume, the black rayon with the white gloves and white shoes...that I coulda pulled off with the black hair...I just woulda been the "evil" version complete with facial hair. :) just not a lot of anime characters with facial hair...and it's been so long since I've shaved it all off...I forget what the hell I look like without it...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, I count several rabid fans as friends. :) I actually do some prop building myself, and we're looking as doing some armour in the future using cold-casting techniques.

JPR

Green Belt
Reaction score
I find myself very frightened by all of this ...

OP
Feisty Mouse

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's OK, JPR! They won't harm you! :)

I have to admit I was surprised to see someone dressed as Happosai, the panty-stealer, who wears women's underwear on his head during his raids.

I think it's a cultural thing I'm missing.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
*twitch* and to think these people actually inhabit the same planet *snickers* ;)
yeah...you see most of us three days a week. :D...we really scared Seig and Tess when we started reciting Hiten Mitsirugi techniques...

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
I have to admit I was surprised to see someone dressed as Happosai, the panty-stealer, who wears women's underwear on his head during his raids.

I think it's a cultural thing I'm missing.
thankfully I skipped that adolescent stage altogether...

OP
Feisty Mouse

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lol - but's he a dirty old man (from ranma 1/2), and one of the mightiest martial artists!

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...and that's why I didn't know who it was...one of the anime's I could never get into...along with Sailor Moon and .hack...bleh. I'll take Bebop or Kenshin any day.

A

AnimEdge

You didnt liek Ranma 1/2? man i loev tahts show its so funny and everything is consedered a Martial Art, Martial Art Rythem Gymnastics, Martial Art Basket Weaving, Martial Art Flower Peperation, Though Hopposai though a funny char. has to many episodes centered around him

Latest Discussions