Interview w/ SM Roland Dantes in current Realfighting issue

OP
J

Joe Eccleston

If I am not mistaken this is Jose Villasin (of Balintawak), Roland Dantes is training with in the photo. How long did Mr. Dantes study Balintawak? Who else in Balintawak did he study under? I believe he also studied under Antonio Ilustrisimo's people (Edgar Sulite of LAMECO?, being one of them), who did Mr. Dantes train with from Kalis Ilustrisimo? and lastly, has Mr. Dantes ever spoken about the differences, similarities, etc. about Kalis Ilustrisimo, Balintawak, and Modern Arnis? It would be great if all these info were in the book set to come out this October. Thanks in advance.:asian:

sungkit

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Most of the pics that were featured were taken by the interviewer from the internet.

Joe: Guro Roland has trained under quite a few teachers during the course of his FMA training. I am unsure of his time studying in balintawak under Atty. Villasin, but I do know that he has received instruction from Grandmaster Johnny F. Chiuten. The photograph of Atty Villasin and Guro Roland was taken at a meeting inCebu when he was there to promote one of his movies (I think that it was Pacific Connection). GM Chiuten brought many of the balintawak masters and people to meet with Guro Roland.

Latest Discussions