Interesting footwork and closing & using the gap strategy videos

Jens

Green Belt
Reaction score
I found this clip, if you find any others please post and discuss how to by pass long and medium range into close range.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK. Conceptual tip.

It is easier to be going backwards and then go backwards faster. Than it is to go forwards and then go backwards.

So practically to use that as a way of closing a gap. draw them in by making them come forwards then close the gap. It minimises the time spent in middle distance.

Preferably while facing the guy you are fighting.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I found this clip, if you find any others please post and discuss how to by pass long and medium range into close range.

What did you find interesting about it? What part (min / sec) represents the interesting footwork? Perhaps I missed it...

Wing Chun Auckland

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have seen lots of clips from that school. They seem like good people.

One thing I have never really gelled with in Wing Chun (which you see in this clip a bit) is how when guy gets in a good position to hit the other guy (who is kind of just playing dumb) he throws chain fast chain punches. I mean, I know they are just playing and not making contact etc. but if you are lucky enough to flank someone or get behind them, I would want to be pretending to through something hard not speedy weak chain punches.

You see the same thing when wing chun people pretend to attack people they have just thrown on the ground. They throw these piddly fast chain punches. I would think a stomp or something would be better but if you were gong to punch you would want them to be big hards hits surely.

Wing Chun Auckland

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have seen lots of clips from that school. They seem like good people.

One thing I have never really gelled with in Wing Chun (which you see in this clip a bit) is how when guy gets in a good position to hit the other guy (who is kind of just playing dumb) he throws chain fast chain punches. I mean, I know they are just playing and not making contact etc. but if you are lucky enough to flank someone or get behind them, I would want to be pretending to through something hard not speedy weak chain punches.

You see the same thing when wing chun people pretend to attack people they have just thrown on the ground. They throw these piddly fast chain punches. I would think a stomp or something would be better but if you were gong to punch you would want them to be big hards hits surely.

Opps forgot to read the title of thread!

Latest Discussions