IKF peter ragnar magnetic chi

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone else read the peter ragnar article in inside kung fu?
He is a hermit that lives on top of a mountain in tennesse and he talks about using his chi to stop cars coming at him, live forever, and do super human feats.
He there is also a picture of him pinch gripping 165 lbs of weight (which looks like it is actually resting on his leg) What do you guys think of this guy. He is making some pretty wild claims with what seems like very little evidence to back them up. Has anyone bought his video set? If so does it contain any information that seems worth having?

R

rmcrobertson

Let me see if I've got this straight.

He's living atop a mountain in Tennessee--near Oak Ridge, I trust?--he uses his chi to stop cars, he is no doubt a considerably-advanced spiritual being--and he's selling a video series.

Is there an emoticon for a pause, a double take, and a guffaw?

I say, set the man up with david carradine and be done with it.

"Don't follow leaders--watch your parking meters."--Bob Zimmerman

"Blabbermouth Feng-Kan! You wouldn't even know the Buddha Amitabha if you saw him! What do you mean by bowing to us?"--Burton Watson's translation, Han Shan's "Cold Mountain Poems."

Let me be clear: this is ********.

OP
S

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
yeah i totally agree, i was just wondering what others thought of him or if anyone had any experiences with this guy

R

rmcrobertson

And I agree with your agreement. Sad thing is, he's now appeared in "Inside King-Fu," without being listed under the title, "BULLCRAP IN THE MARTIAL ARTS."

Nor is he the only one. The amount of sheer goofiness in martial arts magazines is not to be believed...here's some stuff I've seen over the past few years...

1. "Secrets of Japanese Arts: USE BOTH HANDS!"

2. "Uses of Environment: What to Do If Attacked While Watering Your Lawn"

3. "Master ________: Secrets of Chi."

4. "Combat Handgunning: Your Guide to Success in Urban Fighting."

5. "Knife Fighting: Guaranteeing Victory."

6. "James M. Mitose: What He Taught Me in Prison." (Slight exaggeration...but not much.)

7. "Secrets of Shaolin."

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
5. "Knife Fighting: Guaranteeing Victory."
This is the most laughable, and sad of all of them. Waht makes it sad is that the inexperienced will actually believe this, and likely end up parting with money, and perhaps one day, their general health or life. Sad indeed.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was at Barnes & Noble and saw the article, even the interviewers questions seemed like he thought it was a load of crap.

It is an amazing weight loss program though...you send him your money and your wallet is tons lighter. LOL

justme

White Belt
Reaction score
Where do you get all this info from? Peter Ragnar is not a super hero. He is not trying to take your money. If you want to buy something buy it. If not don't. You also have a 30 day money return policy like any other product. I have not had the honor of meeting him in person put was fortunate enough to be on his forum for several months. He is actually a very interesting guy. (Arrogant at times lolol). Never once have I heard him speak of stoping cars with his bare hands. I have purchased many of his CD's and books. I found them to be interesting and informative. Nothing strange or over the top. This forum does not have spell check so in advance sorry for my poor spelling.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've posted in the other Ragner thread so this one will be brief. There is a line in the meet peter ragner section. It says some campare him to buddha and jesus etc. If he was remotely like them he wouldn't be plugging himself on a website, he certainly wouldn't let such description be published on a website and he wouldn't be selling what he knows for up to $200US a pop. Sorry but if you get something from his work great, others get theirs from Tony Robbins and others from the feats of people like Lance Armstrong but he is no different to anyone else. He's a salesman and his pitch is the mysterious magic man.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was actually an article on him? I see his ad's and just LMAO. I figured he is paying for space so they run the ad's. It's absolute ******** IMO.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
It irritates me that IKF would even run his ads, cash in hand or not. Where's their sense of pride?

Don't those mags still have dillman video ads in them along with the ads from secret commandos who can teach you to kill while you sleep. They don't care whose ads they run as long as the ads are paid for and pride has nothing to do with it. CASH CASH CASH

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Latest Discussions