IFL Battleground

thechamp

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I found this video promoting IFL Battleground this saturday. Ken Shamrocks Nevada Lions are fighting Pat Miletich’s Quad Cities Silverbacks. Should be a good match up, let me know what you guys think. The show starts at 8PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qkO_j5VL9kI also found it on the ifl site: www.ifl.tvhttp://www.ifl.tv/TV-Schedule.html

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I started watching these bouts a month or so ago, and was really impressed, at least in the beginning. Over the last couple weeks I have witnessed some REALLY bad matches. The kind that are slow, and aggonizingly sloppy. The one that really took the cake was a heavy weight bout. Inwhich both contenders were really out of shape, and fought like it. The fight announcers acted like it was the fight of the century, but it was awful to watch... I don't see how this sport can compete with boxing? I just would'nt watch boxing matches on a continuing basis if the fighters did'nt look prepared,ie;in shape. Another problem I see is that alot of this matches turn into pseudo boxing matches, but without any of the skill of pro fighters! I would like to see a mandatory number of SOLID kicks per round. I think that the professionalism of this contest really needs to be cranked up a few notches. That way it at least resembles a martial arts event, and not some poorman's toughman contest. Do I hear any yeas out there?
1stJohn1:9

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
I hear you Donald, I've been the same way with them. Some _great_ fights, but then that last heavyweight bout...

I do see the IFL being one of the 'leagues' to make it though, I think they've hit on a better mix/approach than most.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
I started watching these bouts a month or so ago, and was really impressed, at least in the beginning. Over the last couple weeks I have witnessed some REALLY bad matches. The kind that are slow, and aggonizingly sloppy. The one that really took the cake was a heavy weight bout. Inwhich both contenders were really out of shape, and fought like it. The fight announcers acted like it was the fight of the century, but it was awful to watch... I don't see how this sport can compete with boxing? I just would'nt watch boxing matches on a continuing basis if the fighters did'nt look prepared,ie;in shape. Another problem I see is that alot of this matches turn into pseudo boxing matches, but without any of the skill of pro fighters! I would like to see a mandatory number of SOLID kicks per round. I think that the professionalism of this contest really needs to be cranked up a few notches. That way it at least resembles a martial arts event, and not some poorman's toughman contest. Do I hear any yeas out there?
1stJohn1:9

I'd have to agree. Most of the fights I have seen on this program are extremely sloppy. Punches and kicks that miss throw the attacker WAY off balance - it's like they just throw their arm/leg out there without any real intent or root to back up the strike. Then, most of the fights go to the ground and end up with a tap out. Not really my idea of a good fight, but that's just me.

Latest Discussions