I need a crash pad in Portland

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the right forum to ask, but I thought it was worth a try.

I'd like to come out for a month or two to get to know the city on my own terms. I've tried perusing Craigslist for a short-term sublet, with mediocre results. I looked up a youth hostel offering private rooms, but for my purposes it would be about $1600 a month. Hostels are great fun, but I don't have that kind of money.

I'm not asking any MT'ers to put me up. But if anyone knows of anything ...? I keep quiet habits and I don't smoke. I hope to bring my dog with me, but he's a retired medical service animal and excruciatingly polite.

Thanks in advance. And if this isn't an appropriate venue for such a post, apologies in advance as well. :)

Knives

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Have you checked out Couch Surfing? My cousin used this site with great success when she backpacked through Europe. It's definitely worth checking out.

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you Knives. I signed up for it first thing this morning. :)

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you checked out Couch Surfing? My cousin used this site with great success when she backpacked through Europe. It's definitely worth checking out.

Ya beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. :) Good luck Flea! Let us know what you find.

Latest Discussions