I have a weird Question for the Ladies of MT.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I keep a BLOG online, and I discovered my Ex Girlfriend was reading it. (she didnt know I had it, she found it because she looked for me) Not so weird I guess, but whatever...

Then I posted somthing about another girl I had been dating... and she commented! (I didnt know she knew I had one either)

Then last week, another one of My ex-girlfriends started commenting in it...

Here's my Question, for you ladies of Martialtalk...

WHY ARE THEY KEEPING TABS ON ME?

Isn't that a bit... weird? Why would they do that? You ladies are ladies, maybe you can shed some light on the female psyche, and explain why this is occuring?

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
im not a lady, and therefore im not sure you want me to comment
but i was wondering if you can show us your blog!
im excited to see it now
haha

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if this thread were in the AfterDark section I'd have a different answer ... but since it's not ....

Techno, clearly you have something they miss. The bad boy air - that charisma they craved (at least at one time) and some kind of softness that makes people care about you. They clearly still care on some level. That or ... the answer I would have given in the After Dark section.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
but i was wondering if you can show us your blog!
im excited to see it now
haha
You dont wanna read it... its mostly me either whining or being pissed off.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I keep a BLOG online, and I discovered my Ex Girlfriend was reading it. (she didnt know I had it, she found it because she looked for me) Not so weird I guess, but whatever...

Then I posted somthing about another girl I had been dating... and she commented! (I didnt know she knew I had one either)

Then last week, another one of My ex-girlfriends started commenting in it...

Here's my Question, for you ladies of Martialtalk...

WHY ARE THEY KEEPING TABS ON ME?

Isn't that a bit... weird? Why would they do that? You ladies are ladies, maybe you can shed some light on the female psyche, and explain why this is occuring?

How old are they (maturity wise, not age wise)? What are the comments like? Or did they break your heart? Are they along the lines of "Yeah, you sucked when I went out with you too?" or "Hey, John, how goes it?"

It can be very disconcerting when people follow you around. Obviously they have nothing better to do with their time. Weird, yes. Annoying, only if you let it be. Funny, most definitely.

But I am with Shesulsa. You are a great man, John. The aroma of manliness you exude can obviously even be sniffed out over the internet. They just can't get enough of big old bad boy techno. :)

Can we move this to the after dark forum? I wanna here shesulsa's real answer :D

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm I think I'll be paying close attention to this thread... cuz I've got some wonderings of my own.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
uhh well i keep track of my ex bfs blog cus well i cant stand him anymore and he always posts about how much things suck and as horrible as it is i like hereing how messed up things are for him

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
BrandiJo said:
uhh well i keep track of my ex bfs blog cus well i cant stand him anymore and he always posts about how much things suck and as horrible as it is i like hereing how messed up things are for him
good point
maybe your ex's are checking out your blog to make sure you are living in HELL after leaving them, which in turns makes them feel better. "eh! you were better off with me!" kinda thing.. good point

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
They're not over you! Maybe they are single and cant get those hot nights of technopunk lovin out of their heads and are thinking about the what if's..........ooor they are pissed with you and hope that you are suffering ;)

Girls are hard to figure out, its best not to try, you may do yourself an injury :) don’t try and understand us, just love us and do what we say *ducks for cover*

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This place is called the 'World Wide Web'. Notice the two adjectives. :) This thing is World Wide. Anybody, anywhere can see it.

I mean, I know that being one of 6 billion people on the planet, in the abstract, should provide a bit of anonymity, but the reality is you come in contact with about 250 people who will attend your funeral (Don't know why I know that statistic).

So, we can ask are people so quietly desperate and lonely that they spend their evenings googling friends and lovers? To which, I think the answer is yes. I mean, several of us spend an awful lot of time with this community, don't we?

Or, we can ask, why would you post your rantings on the World Wide Web, if you didn't want everyone to see them?

Hey, I've googled some of my ex's .... haven't found a blog though ... wonder what I would say. Hmmmm..

I know you didn't ask for a guys' reply punk ... but, that's my $0.02

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know Techno - It could be nothing more than boredom. They really could have nothing better to do with their time at work or something and surf the internet and decided for the heck of it to look up you. Every once an a while, I get bored and look up old school mates.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya know, you might have certain extraordinary talents that they particularly appreciated and miss terribly.:p

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
A lot of my friends used to have blogs (some still might). People would post their feelings online (seems very detached in hindsight) and other who they know or don't would read them and reply, usually no more than a variant of "Oh, I'm so sorry, be strong" or "That's great, I'm so happy for you", depending on context.

Needless to say, it got real old real fast. I used to check a few regularly for a while until I understood I was reading my friends' emotions online instead of in person, which is sad on both our parts. That aside, support from total strangers never did much for me.

Ultimately I just dropped the while blog idea altogether and I think it was a great move. I think if you keep a blog, you just have to be aware that unwanted people might be reading it (I have a friend whose mom would keep tabs on her blog).

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
What's the AfterDark section all about?

After Dark is a section in the Premium Club forum for Supporting Members. It is for those over 18 only.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
So, we can ask are people so quietly desperate and lonely that they spend their evenings googling friends and lovers? To which, I think the answer is yes. I mean, several of us spend an awful lot of time with this community, don't we?

Or, we can ask, why would you post your rantings on the World Wide Web, if you didn't want everyone to see them?

I know you didn't ask for a guys' reply punk ... but, that's my $0.02
Nah, I understand people read them, if I wasnt prepared to have them read, I wouldnt post em, or I would post em "friends only" I really dont care who reads about my pathetic little life. I just thought it odd that women who decided *I* wasnt good enough for them are suddenly "keeping tabs" on me, or at least reading what I write and posting responses. Especially since one is married, and one is about to be.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most people who 'keep tabs' on their ex's, tend to be insecure in areas of relationships. Most likely they are curious if someone is 'talking' about them, ragging about them, dissing them, looking for negative 'feedback.'

Or their curiousity about if the 'ex' has a new partner and is looking to see who replaced them.

They are keeping a watchful eye on your life, just because they Can.
Females are a curious lot ;)

Latest Discussions