Howdy Ýall

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello from Texas:ultracool ! Í'm new to this board. (Obviously) But Í've read a lot of the posts.

OK , herés some info about me. Íve been doing TKD for three or four years.
Í'd like to learn to work with weapons, too. I also like chocolate, LOTR, windows computers, and sci-fi.

That's my $0.02, Í'd love to hear from anyone with common interests.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Flamebearer :) Welcome to the board~!

Great to have you here, Curiousity has me.. what's with the accent on your Y and I? Texas dialect maybe? *Grin*

Have a fun time on MT~!

~Tess

OP
Flamebearer

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
My computer's on a funny international setting. Íll fix it (there it gœs again!)

So ím fixin' to fix it

R

Ronald R. Harbers

You got that right! Born in Big "D" and reside 50 miles southeast in Peeltown! I work in downtown. Do you like Kenjutsu?:asian:

OP
Flamebearer

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kenjutsu? What's that?

Apologies for ignorance.

As I said, I started TKD 3 or 4 years ago.

OP
Flamebearer

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sounds good to me :jedi1:

OK, gotta ask this: Do you use your right or left hand?

R

Ronald R. Harbers

I am right handed, though I work out left handed too! From what I gather from reading this and other sites, the Samurai all used the right hand, unless they used a two sword technique. Such as Myomoto Musashi, circa 1600 AD.:asian:

OP
Flamebearer

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Seems to me that one would want to be equally proficient on both sides - as is taught in unarmed martial arts

I mean what if you get your hand cut off (or whatever)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flamebearer.
Hello from the Buckeye State...I've been involved in the MA on and off since the late 70's..I currently teach defensive tactics for my department and any other department that wishes to learn..Other interests are motorcycles ( Harley), Little Theatre (have acted and directed) and old horror movies..That's my 2 cents worth..Train Hard and Stay Safe..

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Arin, WELCOME to MartialTalk. On behalf of the Admin/Mod team, we look forward to your being part of our community.

Enjoy ... Tess, quit teasing her about her accent. All of ya'll just stop!

-Michael

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flamebearer said:
Hello from Texas:ultracool ! Í'm new to this board. (Obviously) But Í've read a lot of the posts.

OK , herés some info about me. Íve been doing TKD for three or four years.
Í'd like to learn to work with weapons, too. I also like chocolate, LOTR, windows computers, and sci-fi.

That's my $0.02, Í'd love to hear from anyone with common interests.
Have you ever try the Hawaiian mac nuts with chocolate from Hawaii? Most cities have shops the carry them today. Ono!( Hawaiian word for delicious). Saw the latest news? price of chocolates will go up in about two months..the largest producer of coco beans is in a war(Africa). Expect prices to rise and have shortage. Reese is my favorite.

Nunchucks, kamas,short sticks,knives and staff are the weapons we work with...yes, lots of fun! Good experience to know how to use there weapons. Enjoy yours....Aloha from Hawaii

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Flamebearer - nice to "see" you here.
I like "Mac" computers - no viruses :)
Oh, and I like Sci-Fi, LOTR, Star Trek, Star Wars etc etc.
Pottery and rugmaking too. Quilting is goiing slower than molasses due to me being on this forum all the time. Addicting!!!! TW

V

Vadim

Hi Flamebearer! I'm a little late in saying hello, but welcome to Martial Talk forums. :asian:

-Vadim

Latest Discussions