How to Prepare for Promotion (Enter the Dojo Episode 7)

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Billy and I are now the same rank. I fart like that too. Which is why I do not eat dinner before dojo.

[video=youtube_share;oapqNXXIRco]http://youtu.be/oapqNXXIRco[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been eagerly awaiting the next episode of this - much chuckleage {Yay! New word creation! :D} to be had :lol:

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been eagerly awaiting the next episode of this - much chuckleage {Yay! New word creation! :D} to be had :lol:

I agree. I wait for each one as well. I think they humor has been a bit spotty at times; the actors are fine but the scripts are so-so from time to time. It's got to be tough to write for an audience of martial artists who 'get' the inside jokes and can stand being poked fun at (gently, one hopes) and general audiences who might have no idea about certain processes and procedures. Can't go wrong with fart jokes, though. Comedy classics.

There is also a darker side to this series, though, and I kind of dread where it might be going. I didn't care for the episode about rape prevention for the most part (it did have some laughs in it), and this episode made a slight dip towards sensei chatting up a female student (the coffee thing). Reminds me a bit of "Foot Fist Way," which trod heavily on that. Many martial artists are very sensitive about discussing issues revolving around sexual assaults in the dojo or arising out of that environment. As a Catholic, I totally sympathize; but it does happen. Not sure it's fodder for comedy, though. It's not funny when it does happen.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring down the tone. Just some random musings.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fear not my friend - your musings are ever thoughtful.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D Feel free, Gemini - I declare it to be Public Common Domain :)