How much time to actually benefit from a seminar?

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The question is how much time do you think is required to be able to learn enough of technique(s) to work them and become efficient at it, from a seminar?

I ask because I'm hosting my instructor Tommy out for a 5-Day JKD Training Camp next year sometime in my area where the premise is a longer amount of training time condensed into a 5Day camp, to allow attendees to absorb the material. Most seminar/workshops are 2-3 days long. What's your opinion?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wouldn't the amount of material being presented have a lot to do with the answer to your question? And how much of it is new to the attendees.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
A 6 hours seminar should give you 3 years training material if you have a training partner.

Or potentially more. I recently attended a Steve Golden Seminar. I went with a few of my family members one of which was my Uncle. The last SG seminar he had attended was 32 years ago...he is still working with that material.

OP
Thunder Foot

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Amount of material would definitely have an impact... But given the learn curving time it takes for us to assimilate the info, I was looking for more of a general consensus I guess. There will always be variables, but I would think there is a range of too little onto too much info that could be taught.

Latest Discussions