How do you cheat (or attempt to cheat) with La Just

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why would anyone aim a hook kick to the body? I was thinking head myself, same with a spinning heel kick. Not sure how you were taught but I was taught to use back of the heel, axe kick too, however for sparring purposes I can see were you would not use the back of the heel as you are trying to score points not dislocate the shoulder.

Yes, I did watch the match. Pretty one sided if you ask me.
But those kicks to the head would not reqire the sensor at all as head kicks are scored by the corner judges not the EPP system.

There really is no reason to have a sensor on the back of the heal. All the other kicks like push kick and side kick would score with the sensor that is already on the bottom of the heal when thrown to the body.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
just a guess here, but one thing about the back of the heal.... gear always shifts and adjusts, very good chance the back of the heal, becomes the bottom of the heal during the course of the fight, which would/could score from cut kicks, side kicks and push kicks.

Not saying that was the case here... Yang was clearly beating the opponents she fought.

just commenting on the gear. I know for a fact, when I through an axe kick to the shoulder or head, as it slides down after making contact ( or missing), the booties slide off over the heal, causing the back of the heal area to now be the bottom of the heal.

I'm not making any judgement either way on this case as to intention or not...

As for my earlier comment about "making gear", that was an off-centered attempt at a joke and not ment specifically toward anyone or anyplace.... thought it was funny then, but in retrospect... sorry to have said it. My apologies. :asian:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
just a guess here, but one thing about the back of the heal.... gear always shifts and adjusts, very good chance the back of the heal, becomes the bottom of the heal during the course of the fight, which would/could score from cut kicks, side kicks and push kicks...
But there are already sensors on the bottom of the heel for those kicks. That is how the back kick, side kick, and push kick scores.

Plus she took the sensors off once she was told to change into those socks.

Lots of good aguements, will be interesting to see the outcome of the process.

Last edited:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
For those that have not seen or used the socks here are a couple of pics. Note the gray instep area, that is the instep sensor, the entire area. Now note the bottom heel gray area, that entire area is also sensored. Also note that the boy in the pic is using the old type socks with the black velcro on the back of the heel. These pic were taken from LaJust's website.

file_3.jpg
5201705099_5f7afa522a_o.jpg

The pearl white back of the heal part of the sock use to be velcro where you could attach a sensor if needed. Actually the parts that are sensored use to all be velcro and you would attach the sensors to your liking. They have since changed this and sewed the sensors on to the sock and removed the back heel sensor altogeather. They also added padding under the instep sensor as there were issue with players that used their own taping and padding. The socks use to rip.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
guess I just must be used to the bottom of the heal being worn looking more like non-slip material than scoring material.... cause I swear it was/is not the same as on the top... my bad.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WHERE"S LAJUST TO CHIME IN????? you were here, feel free to comment...

although I can see where it is wise not to get involved due to the nature of the beast...

texkwondo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Shouldn't she have been getting penalties anyway for all the times she raised her knee to block kicks?

texkwondo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
After looking at everything, it looks like the judges were completely wrong. She did not cut sensors and attach them to the back of the heel herself as claimed, she was using an older model that had back of heel sensors. According to the WTF website, old and current model socks are approved until May 17, 2012. Equipment was approved by the WTF, it was approved before the fight, and when it was called into question just before the match, the extra sensors were removed anyway.

Yang Jin-suk, WTF secretary general claimed in a press conference that LaJust never manufactured a sock with back of heel sensors. At a separate press conference, a representative of LaJust demonstrated the older model, and an instruction manual with graphical illustrations of a heel sensor. How the hell does the WTF leadership not know the specifications of the equipment their organization is approving?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
After looking at everything, it looks like the judges were completely wrong. She did not cut sensors and attach them to the back of the heel herself as claimed, she was using an older model that had back of heel sensors. According to the WTF website, old and current model socks are approved until May 17, 2012. Equipment was approved by the WTF, it was approved before the fight, and when it was called into question just before the match, the extra sensors were removed anyway.

Yang Jin-suk, WTF secretary general claimed in a press conference that LaJust never manufactured a sock with back of heel sensors. At a separate press conference, a representative of LaJust demonstrated the older model, and an instruction manual with graphical illustrations of a heel sensor. How the hell does the WTF leadership not know the specifications of the equipment their organization is approving?
I think all that was stated above a few times already.

LaJust

White Belt
Reaction score
WHERE"S LAJUST TO CHIME IN????? you were here, feel free to comment...

although I can see where it is wise not to get involved due to the nature of the beast...
True, I can't comment on this issue as we only represent LaJust Sports USA and this event was outside that so falls to LaJust Korea (the global entity) who were present at the event. I personally don't see this as an equipment issue (I believe the same issue could potentially have occurred with another vendor's equipment) but as a political and procedural issue between the organizations involved.

Questions on the use of our US equipment at USAT events I can comment on :) In the US we only sell the newer sewn in sensors and we did a free exchange on any socks that were defective (due to bad zippers) or had the old style velcro. There is no time limitation on that exchange.

Latest Discussions