How Bin Laden Died... A Fairy Tale Correction

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This was the lie that we were fed
Freelancer Nicholas Schmidle wrote that the SEALs had shot and blasted their way up floor-by-floor, finally cornering the bewildered Al-Qaida leader:

“The Al Qaeda chief, who was wearing a tan shalwar kameez and a prayer cap on his head, froze; he was unarmed. ‘There was never any question of detaining or capturing him—it wasn’t a split-second decision. No one wanted detainees,’ the special-operations officer told me. (The Administration maintains that had bin Laden immediately surrendered he could have been taken alive.) Nine years, seven months, and twenty days after September 11th, an American was a trigger pull from ending bin Laden’s life. The first round, a 5.56-mm. bullet, struck bin Laden in the chest. As he fell backward, the SEAL fired a second round into his head, just above his left eye.”

Chuck Pfarrer rejects almost all of that story.
“The version of the 45-minute firefight, and the ground-up assault, and the cold-blooded murder on the third floor — that wasn’t the mission,” Pfarrer told TheDC.

http://news.yahoo.com/correcting-fairy-tale-seal-account-osama-bin-laden-054233289.html

I dunno if this particular SEAL is risking his career by coming out with this story/book. But I do appreciate his efforts in letting us know the truth. Does it really matter?
In a way yes it does, because Americans shouldn't be treated like they "wouldn't understand", and in another perspective... no it doesn't. The man is dead.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you remember the Iranian Embassy seige in London? Since then so many 'ex SAS' have written books and stories claiming they have the truth about what happened because they were there that if they were it meant three regiments were lining up to get in, they would have been queing down the street.
Expect more books and stories.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
He's a former SEAL, with no connection to this operation whatsoever. He also claims that the most close-mouthed and secretive special ops team on the planet would be willing to break their silence and violate their responsibilities to talk to him. He also has a book to sell. That doesn't make him wrong, but it does give a moment's pause before anyone accepts this story uncritically.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the article on yahoo yesterday. My question is....how do any of us know that he is giving us the real story? Was he there? Was he or is he privy to some secret info that he leaked? IMO, the only people that're going to know what really happened, were the ones that were there that night. I doubt they're going to say anything, at least not while they're active members, and possibly not even after that.

Personally, the SOB is dead, and thats all that matters to me. Whether he resisted or stood there and accepted his fate....again, doesnt matter.

Latest Discussions