Hi

halfnote19

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am completely new to martial arts... I haven't even figured out which one I would like to do yet. So I will be lurking around the threads to find more information.

I live in the Orange County area so if anyone knows of a good school I can look into that would be helpful.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

You might look around the Beginners Corner - there are some great threads, especially the ones stickied at the top, that can help you choose the art and instructor that's right for you. Good luck!

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't live in Orange County, but if I did, I'd go to a Kung Fu San Soo school. But you've got way more to choose from out there, than I do in NM. In Southern Cal it seems like you've got 57 different kinds of pie available for desert. If you get my analogy of pies to MA? In Albuquerque it seems I just have apple, or cherry. Which means they dont have Kung Fu San Soo here either.

OP
H

halfnote19

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that there is so much to choose from. If there was less of a choice then it would make it easier to find a place I liked.

kcs

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi and welcome to the martial talk. what are you wanting to focus on.

OP
H

halfnote19

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for something that is good self defense, fun, and a good workout.
Take note that I am only 5'2, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

In my city alone there are 15+ different schools.

Side Note: Is there a place that has definitions? I am reading some of the post and don't exactly know what some of the things mean.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Latest Discussions