Heros in a half shell!

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Artists,
I'm 21 now, but when I was ten, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ruled my world. Then I "grew up" and forgot about them. Recently I stumbled across their Official Page and discovered it was I who had left. On a whim I wrote to Leonardo and today got my reply. I must admit I find that very cool, regardless. A Ninja Turtle wrote back to me. Seems they have a new animated series coming out and Peter Laird just finished up their latest comic, and a CGI movie may be in the works. So I urge y'all to check them out, and revist something I had thought had died years ago. It's good to feel like a kid again :)

M

Master of Blades

Thats wicked........They used to be my idols and what really got me into Martial Arts when I was young besides my dad. role models for everyone. I saw the cartoons again a few weeks ago and there still classics.......I miss those green guys! :(

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
the new series is coming to fox. promises to be darker than the cartoon most people know with much better artwork and animation than before. after all, ninja turtles was a pretty bloody comic when it first came out.

got to the fox kids or something website, there's information on it there.

they also have new figures out for that series already. they're pretty cool.

all that said, this thread might belong in the entertainment forum....

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tarabos,
What happened to the screaming kitty cat? Was considering it, but figured I'd put it here. Bruce Lee and TMNT seem to be two driving forces in our getting into the MA's, any others spring to mind?

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hollywood1340

Tarabos,
What happened to the screaming kitty cat? Was considering it, but figured I'd put it here. Bruce Lee and TMNT seem to be two driving forces in our getting into the MA's, any others spring to mind?

Ugly Cat?...he's resting right now, but i think he'll make his return soon. You'll have to do with Black Belt Jones for now.

inspiration for getting into MA?...depends when you were born i guess. my era was the segal/van damme era i suppose. and of course bruce lee was around, but not as in your face every six months with a new movie as the other two...

cartoons can be a big factor most times though...

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Heh, I drove my family crazy, my mom became "April" all of my friends responded only by there turtle name (I was Mikey, cause I'm crazy like that) our 1981 VW Vanagon became the turtle van, it was really bad. Those were the good ol' days. Gonna surf on outta here. It's the break so I'm on MT, like from 10AM-10PM. Cya round! COWABUNGA!!!

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good kitty...good...ahha...arglle!! (Crashing noises) Nooooo!! Off! Off darn cat!!! ("James not the good china!") Help!! HELP!! ("The stairs!!!) Opmpha ouch ook yeeehaaa!!! (CRASH). (Weakly) It's good to have him back :)

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be Donatello. Already been Mikey, and it'll be awhile, if ever I'm Raph. (Does MT even have a red belt?)

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"after all, ninja turtles was a pretty bloody comic when it first came out."

Yup, I had the original first issues in black and white and they were hardcore, they'd be worth alot of money now... but I traded them for G.I.Joe.....argh

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Awesome! I was the only girl in my school back then who loved Ninja Turtles. I had a crush on Leonardo too.:rolleyes: All the boys back then wanted me to play with them and be April.:D

Robyn :)

M

Master of Blades

I'm just remembering the many times Splinter kicked ***.......That was such a wicked program......:rofl:

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian Mavis

"after all, ninja turtles was a pretty bloody comic when it first came out."

Yup, I had the original first issues in black and white and they were hardcore, they'd be worth alot of money now... but I traded them for G.I.Joe.....argh

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

ouch...that hurts...

S

Shinzu

i was a big tmnt fan (not the tv cartoon). the comics were excellent. i sold a bunch of them, but i still have the training manuals. i hope they make something a bit more realistic. the first movie was good, but the rest were down hill.

BTW.... the first comic print of the first issue is worth $200.00 +

Latest Discussions