Help with Nero 7 ultra

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
HELP!!!
I just bought Nero to back up some dvd's that I own. Not to share or break any copyright laws. The guy at BestBuy said it would work to burn copyrighted DVD but I can't find anything on the software to do it.
Any Sugestions?? anyone use nero?

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
First rip it with Dvd decrypter (Free and not ilegal either) then once you have it on your HD proceed to make the copy or any other editing job that you need to do.

Oh yeah, and check www.videohelp.com for any other question you may have.

KenpoVzla.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
KenpoVzla said:
First rip it with Dvd decrypter (Free and not ilegal either) then once you have it on your HD proceed to make the copy or any other editing job that you need to do.

Oh yeah, and check www.videohelp.com for any other question you may have.

KenpoVzla.

Nero will NOT rip copyrighted DVDs.

Sorry, but DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink (both are needed to rip/ burn copyrighted DVDs) are illegal.

From DVDHELP.US "
The one and only "DVD Decrypter" is no more, due to unfortunate (and blatantly illegal) issues. It's the same concept as the 321 Studios case... In this case, the creator of DVD Decrypter was presured into backing down. In the 321 Studios case, some ultra-conservative judge who doesn't deserve their seat on the bench was tricked, bribed, duped, conned, or otherwise coerced into believing that DVDXCopy (and the othr related products in the 321 Studios line) was promoting illegal activity instead of the truth of the matter, which is that it, in fact, protects the right of consumers to make an archival backup copy of any electronic media that they legally purchase, a right which has LONG SINCE been established (and reaffirmed) by the United States Supreme Court and many other countries' similar high courts.
But even with the current situation, remember that there's not to fear... Suuuuuuuper protester is here! What's been going on lately is wrong, and I, for one, am not going to stand for it any longer. The infamous DMCA and similar laws around the world are unenforceable in their current state, as they blatantly deny rights already granted to consumers, namely the right to make a legitimate archival backup of legally purchased electronic media. Just because Hollywood is trying to use contradictory laws to support their position doesn't make them right. Their DMCA argument, for example, consists of the position that although consumers have the right to make an archival backup, the tools to do so should be illegal. The whole argument is complete nonsense. It's exactly like arguing that Xerox machines are legal, but paper should be illegal so that nobody can reproduce copyrighted material. Give me a break. Just because Hollywood manages to whine their way into the minds of essentially hand-picked, sympathetic, ultra-conservative judges... doesn't make it any more right than anyone else who tries to beat the system "

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Marvin said:
So there is no way to legally back up my disks?

Not with Nero , it won't rip/ burn copyrighted material. However, you can find DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both of which break the copyright code which makes them illegal in the US) hosted on sites outside the US - Google DVD Shrink and you'll be in business.

Latest Discussions