Hello!

Polina

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello my name is Polina, I am from Russian. I am new to this website and to martial arts. I always wanted to learn so now I take the leap! If anyone has any advice I would enjoy to hear it.

OP
Polina

Polina

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you gone to any classes yet, or are you still looking to find something?

Where I live, martial arts is not a big deal. So there are no dojo or dojang around. So I am still looking. I come to website to find martial art.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Polina.

OP
Polina

Polina

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome Polina . I was new a few months ago to this wonderful lifestyle.

Draste moy drug :)

I would ask about Systema.

Here's an article on it. Its very popular in Russia.

Systema Vasiliev. Russian Martial Art

Thank you! I will research the Systema, but you said that Judo and Aikido were studied in Russia, yes? I think that is more the style of me. I'm no brutal person needed for systema :shamefullyembarrased:

DUO ART

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you! I will research the Systema, but you said that Judo and Aikido were studied in Russia, yes? I think that is more the style of me. I'm no brutal person needed for systema :shamefullyembarrased:

Hey its important to take something that you like. That flows with you . My teacher tells all of us this al the time . Take what you feel comfortable with and have a passion for

OP
Polina

Polina

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey its important to take something that you like. That flows with you . My teacher tells all of us this al the time . Take what you feel comfortable with and have a passion for

Thank you though. I will keep it in mind.

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...

Apart from the arts which you have mentioned, you may find a Tae Kwon Do school, I know that Russian president Vladimir Putin has been presented with a black belt and made a grandmaster of taekwondo during an official visit to South Korea, and that he will do his part promoting the South-Korean-born fighting style in Russia.

Well which ever art you decide to do, I hope that you have a great time...