Hello from Wild and Wonderful.

SavageMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This is my first forum. And after reading past threads I'm looking forward to joining in the conversations / debates / questionnaires. I'm a Correctional Officer at a Maximum Security Prison with a bad reputation so for me martial arts isn't just a hobby it's survival. I wrestled in high school and throughout my career in Law Enforcement have been exposed to several different forms of self defense. American Combative as a County Deputy, Pressure Point Control Techniques with the State, and Aikido Deflection Techniques used by the Feds. ( That last one is extremely watered down & no where close to the actual art. ) It's only been in the last couple years that I have really started to train in and stick to an art form. I train in MuayThai kick boxing and traditional Jiu Jitsu at the Maryland School of Tae Kwon Do - Kick Boxing & MMA. I haven't trained with a Gi in Jiu Jitsu yet, but I'm going to start next month. Really looking forward to it. If anyone has any advice on the transition I'm all ears. Or in this case eyes. :)

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great to have another mountaineer on here! Welcome to MT, I'm on the opposite end of the state though, near Parkersburg.. . We've had several Prison guards, local and state LEO's, Feds, and armed forces in our school of Moo Duk Kwan TKD. From what I have been told by our black belts that have cross trained in JJ, it has been very helpful in their line of work. Although I have no first hand experience training in a JJ school.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT
There are some great avenues for information and resources on this forum
i'm sure somone will pipe up about your transition into a Gi