Helio Gracie instructional

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lesson One

That should be familiar with anyone who practices JJJ. All of the same techniques are there. Heh, there used to be a member here that said that BJJ didn't use kata.

Heh.

Lesson Two

Again, more judo and jujutsu techniques. This stuff is coming straight from various kata lists I've practiced. Is Helio claiming to have invented this? I've nothing against Helio or the Gracies. I love the art. However, that claim is a tad disingenuous isn't it?

I'll watch more of this when I have more time, but thus far 3, 4, and 5 have been more of the same.

glen37

White Belt
Reaction score
Nice video! Anyone have a downloadable copy though?

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Again, more judo and jujutsu techniques. This stuff is coming straight from various kata lists I've practiced. Is Helio claiming to have invented this? I've nothing against Helio or the Gracies. I love the art. However, that claim is a tad disingenuous isn't it?

BJJ has never claimed to be anything but A offshoot of Judo.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On a second look, I didn't see it either, so I was mistaken.

:idunno:

KenpoGunz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have a few of the tapes from the Gracie's Basics Intermediates and Advanced series, and what I enjoy watching is this 80ish year old man do that stuff. It says a lot about BJJ training. Especially considering Helio admits he is not majorly athletic. I have a lot of respect for Helio.

Latest Discussions