heeere fishy,fishy........

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4746503/detail.html

I swear if you look close enough,you can see a sushi chef in the background...
icon10.gif

And they missed winning the competition by 6 minutes!...
ACK:erg:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Was there any particular reason for killing this and the other sharks?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:eek::anic:
That's one huge ****ing shark!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
:eek::anic:
That's one huge ****ing shark!!!

**** = Bark????? ;)

It is a big shark. How big it was this big :idunno:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
**** = Bark????? ;)

It is a big shark. How big it was this big :idunno:
no no no, silly...

**** = Roar

it was a tiger shark, after all... ;)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The animal has been lucky to have lived long enough to attain that size. Tigers have been known to reach 1500 to 2000 pounds and grow to 15-18 feet in length. But those that get that big usually are very old (dispite the fact that no-one really knows how old sharks can get). At least this animal is proof that Great-whites aren't the only (predatory) shark that attain such size. Hammerheads, makos and a couple of other "dangerous-to-man" species can get quite large. (see attached photos)
Yet a closer look shows that while it's big it's not quite so humungous... look at the human-size to shark-size ratio in these pics.

Also a quote from the National Geographic Society's website
While sharks kill fewer than 20 people a year, their own numbers suffer greatly at human hands. Between 20 and 100 million sharks die each year due to fishing activity, according to data from the Florida Museum of Natural History's International Shark Attack File. The organization estimates that some shark populations have plummeted 30 to 50 percent.

Attachments

• $BIG SHARK 2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 99
  • $BIG SHARK 4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 100
  • $BIG SHARK 5.jpg
    $BIG SHARK 5.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 107
  • $BIG SHARK 6.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 100
  • $BIG SHARK 8.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 108

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Wow! That was a big shark. It it right to kill sharks? Everything in the ocean is a part of a eco system, at the same time, man becomes a part of it too?

The world population is getting bigger and so are our thirst for more of everthing. Today we must be more aware of what we are doing to the world ocean species. When all the species disappears so will man?

Still it is an impressive catch. I did catch a Thresher shark (est '11 feet long) from shore in Hawaii. It took me 3 hours to land it and I let it go. (12 midnight- 3 am ) . It was tail wrap and that's why I had a very differcult time fighting the thresher. My partner and I were in a 3 day Ulua shoreline tournament. Ulua is the Hawaiian name for the Jack trevallys. They can grow over 200 lbs and the state records stands at 190 lbs. .....Aloha

Kempo and shoreline fishing are my two hobbies I enjoy.....!!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nalia said:
no no no, silly...

**** = Roar

it was a tiger shark, after all... ;)

:eek: oohhh thank you now I get it ;)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Wow! That was a big shark. It it right to kill sharks? Everything in the ocean is a part of a eco system, at the same time, man becomes a part of it too?

The world population is getting bigger and so are our thirst for more of everthing. Today we must be more aware of what we are doing to the world ocean species. When all the species disappears so will man?
IMO the answer is probably yes. Man is part of the earth's ecosystem(s) and if it goes then we'll have a very hard time of it. The movie "Silent Running" with Bruce Dern is a (little bit) over the top message film about such events.