has anyone tried this OTHER product

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Posted in the other thread about it, hasn't leaked or broken but then I have filled mine with sand rather than water.

Ian.

OP
C

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. I was just reading your reply after I posted this. Have you had yours for a while?

L

lvwhitebir

While I don't specifically have this product, I have many like them. I use mine on a concrete floor and it lasts for about a year before cracking on the bottom of the base. It is used every day, however. I first fill it with water, then when it gets a little crack, empty it and fill it with sand. When the crack gets so big that the sand leaks it's time to buy a new one.

If you have something that provides a shock absorber on the bottom of the bag, it should hold up a lot longer than mine. The XXL Wavemaster type works well with sand or water, unlike the PowerLine style. It's a lot harder to tip over and with the larger surface area lets you punch and kick through a wide range without adjusting the bag.

All in all, this style of bag is a good pick in my book.

WhiteBirch

K

kenpo12

Mine is filled with water and I've had it for about a year and no problems. I don't use it daily but I do use it weekly. I keep mine on top of a rug to absorb the shock. The only problem I've had is that it moves, so I had to put it against the wall with a pad behind and make sure I throw an even amount of rights and lefts to keep it centered. I don't think they move as much with sand though.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber
Posted in the other thread about it, hasn't leaked or broken but then I have filled mine with sand rather than water.

Ian.

I've had it for about a year.

It's worth noting (re breakages) that the base of the XXL has a lifetime guarantee; if it cracks Century should send you a new one (although how easy it would be to exercise this guarantee in England I don't know!).

The foam part is guaranteed for a year I think.

Ian.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have 6 of them in my school. Good product. Find for little kids sometimes they have troubles kicking it because the base sits kinda high. Other then that would recommend it.

OP
C

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I just ordered mine. In part due to the feedback from you guys. Thanks to all for the info.

B

Black Bear

Link didn't work, must be an old thread. Is this bigger than the usual standing Wavemasters? I HATE wavemasters. If you have any kicking power at all, they "travel" (move around on the floor).

dsp921

Green Belt
Reaction score
I kind of like the fact that it travels a little, it keeps me moving around and adjusting my range.

-Dave

B

Black Bear

Originally posted by dsp921
I kind of like the fact that it travels a little, it keeps me moving around and adjusting my range.

-Dave
Sucks for classes.

L

lvwhitebir

Originally posted by Black Bear
Sucks for classes.

Mine actually work well for classes because we're constantly circling them to keep them in place. That way people are learning to move around rather than just stand there and hit.

WhiteBirch

B

Black Bear

Originally posted by lvwhitebir
Mine actually work well for classes because we're constantly circling them to keep them in place. That way people are learning to move around rather than just stand there and hit.

WhiteBirch
It's all fun and games until one tips over and crushes a kid. Or a toe or ankle. And don't give me that "well it keeps you aware of your surroundings". You DON'T want your ankle crushed by accident. Or your kid.

Anyway, I personally can't stand standing bags. Nothing against Wavemaster. They have hangy ones, and those are terrific.

L

lvwhitebir

Originally posted by Black Bear
It's all fun and games until one tips over and crushes a kid.

We've had problems with the general Wavemaster tipping over (although never any injuries of any sort), but the type like the Wavemaster XXL is *very* hard to tip over. You pretty much have to go in with the mindset to do that. I occasionally have a "contest" to see if people can tip them with side kicks or stomp kicks because it's difficult. Never have any problem with typical use, except they slide a bit. But that's why we move around it.

WhiteBirch

B

Black Bear

Originally posted by lvwhitebir
We've had problems with the general Wavemaster tipping over (although never any injuries of any sort), but the type like the Wavemaster XXL is *very* hard to tip over. You pretty much have to go in with the mindset to do that. I occasionally have a "contest" to see if people can tip them with side kicks or stomp kicks because it's difficult. Never have any problem with typical use, except they slide a bit. But that's why we move around it.

WhiteBirch
Thanks for the tip.

Latest Discussions