GSP versus Hughes for interim title.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I liked Serra when he was on before. Then he started talking and he hasn't quit since. Bisping has annoyed me from the beginning and Hughes is a cocky dork, but sometimes he mellows. I'm a GSp Randy Couture type of fan guy. Be humble, then whoop some ****,lol.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like or don't like fighters only in regards to how they fight and their style of fighting. I try not to judge them on how they are presented in the media. I think the media tries to portray them in a "pro-wrestler" mode sometimes to create drama.

For example, I have read several interviews on Tim Sylvia and think he sounds like a great guy anytime I have read about him. But, I can't stand the guy's fighting style at all so I don't really like to watch him at all.

That being said, I really like Hughes style (powerslam) and hope he sticks to his bread and butter style that got him the title in the first place and that he doesn't try and stand with GSP like he did last time. I think if he goes in and implements his plan he will win (yeah, I know and if you can score more touchdowns than the other guy you will win too) but if he tries trading for a bit first I think GSP will be able to throw him off track and then implement his plan and win.

I really want to see the Liddell vs. Silva as well. Chuck really needs the win to stay competitive for the title.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I like the style of Matt Hughes. However, where he throws people off in his arrogance. He comes off as a very arrogant fighter so his other good points can be over looked.

However, GSP on the other hand talks more with his actions than with his mouth. Which is comforting when the pre-fight tape usually shows both fighter jacking their jaws over who will win.

It should be a good fight and while Hughes may have a slight advantage I'd hope that GSP could score an upset but it should be a great fight regardless.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really do hope GSP wins. Though I like Hughes as an athlete and fighter his attitude turns me off.

Anybody been keeping up with tis seasons TUF? I love watching Serra who's a real Sensei teach while Hughes who's a fighter and has little experience teaching does show in his fighters performance.

Reaction score
I really do hope GSP wins. Though I like Hughes as an athlete and fighter his attitude turns me off.

Anybody been keeping up with tis seasons TUF? I love watching Serra who's a real Sensei teach while Hughes who's a fighter and has little experience teaching does show in his fighters performance.

I agree on Serra's coaching ability. I'm refusing to watch the finals now that Mac after being warned twice about punching the John in the back of the head was then allowed to punch John in the back of the head 3 more times to get work into the rear naked, and then Tommy after being warned twice about his finger placement then jabs George in the eye with no repercussions win!?! Come on! I thought by now Big John would be a better ref than that!

I actually hope Hughes wins the fight with GSP so I can see Serra submit or KO him in the spring.

guitokenpoisabela

White Belt
Reaction score
i hate that last episode ,,i was hoping see serra team in the final.... hughes,i only hope he lose. the fight with serra and hughes i am sure they will fight no matter what happend ,they will meet.

i am in the club : "we hate matt hughes"

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didnt see last night's show (out with family) but I'm saddened to hear that George is out. That was the one guy who acted like an adult and displayed martial spirit all year.