Groin pull?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, about 6 months back I pulled my groin. I completely rested my legs for about 3 months. I slowly started warm ups and stretching to keep from re-injuring it. I stayed away from any hard stretching or high kicks until the other night. After a thourogh warm up and stretch I attempted some slightly higher kicks (about my shoulder level and im 5'11). It seems as though I have pulled my groin again, though there was no force or speed on the kick, I was working on form and trying to ease into kicking high again.

I am wondering if I didn't partially tear the muscle initially and havent let it heal... Any opinions and similar experiences? I am trying to decide on the seriousness of this (doctor visit worthy). I hate doctors, so I avoid them at all costs. I don't want to go and have them tell me that it is simply a minor pull (again) and that there is little they can do and charge me $150.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Groin pulls are a bugger to deal with and can lead to other complications. If you have torn a muscle as you feel you may have, especially after taking it easy for so long, then a doctor's visit is definitely worth it.

Here is a link I found on information regarding the different severities of groin pulls.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprainsstrains/a/groinstrain.htm

Firstly and foremost you have to take care of yourself and make sure you ice!

Hope this helps. Let us know how thing pan out. :)

Latest Discussions