Greg Gutfeld: guns = liberty

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, a topic where we resonate as one, BillC - which rather undermines it being a Republican point but you can't have everything :lol:.

Sadly I can't keep a shotgun in the house ready to repel intruders, English law takes a dim view of such matters :(. So I have an English longsword at hand instead :D. You might need some skill to use one, especially in close quarters, but swords don't run out of bullets {as we used to say in the Aftermath campaign I played in :lol:}.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you have a sword to hand to the intruders? Maybe they will be gentleman, put down THEIR guns and take you on sword to sword.:)

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, Sukerkin, it does tend to be a political thing over here because of the political parties and their differences on gun control. It is not as strong an issue between the parties as it once was, it is seen now in a lot of Democrat circles as a non-winner to be pro-gun control as much as they favor that side of the issue. In fact, the recent concealed carry law in Wisconsin had to be signed by a republican because the democrat governors before him refused to sign it. Also, the former mayor Daley and the current Mayor Emmanuel in chicago are anti-gun. Rahm Emmanuel may be more of a realist on the topic because he is considering allowing gun ranges in the city of chicago to get ahead of recent court decisions.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:nods: Good to hear that such a practical matter is ceasing to be a political football :tup:.

As to whether the burgulars would be armed with guns over here in Blighty, well the crime does tend to take a different form over here. Most house-breakers elect to break in when noone is home and they tend to be unarmed {Tez could probably give you good figures on this one}. If I ever do have to confront an intruder, then there are a selection of blades for him to choose from ... I just hope that he knows how to use one so as to make it more fair and that if he picks one that is a simple 'display' item he realises that it was his free choice :D.

Latest Discussions