Greetings from MichiganTKD

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Scott, and I've been involved in Tae Kwon Do for a little over 20 years (21 to be exact), currently holding the rank of 4th Dan. I started out where many of you currently are-as white belt students. I presently teach Tae Kwon Do for the City of Ypsilanti. Not a big class, but the students are very dedicated and I am quite proud of all of them.
I am affiliated with Tae Park Tae Kwon Do, under Grandmaster Tae Zee Park. We practice the Chung Do Kwan style and are members of the World Tae Kwon Do Federation. Grandmaster Tae Park is certified 9th Dan by the Kukkiwon/WTF. His Instructor, Grandmaster Woon Kyu Uhm, presently serves as Kukkiwon and WTF Vice President.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT...

K

KenpoNoChikara

Welcome aboard, although it looks like you've been on board for a while :)

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hello michigan...

don't always be fooled by the "bad rep" everybody......i've read a number of michiganTKD's posts and it's pretty obvious he knows his taekwondo...

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Scott, I'm Dan. We've never formally introduced. Who's the angry person on your avatar? Looks like they're having a bad day.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Scott

Thank you for the welcome! This is my first posting, so I hope it works.

I think you meant you practice WTF-style Taekwondo, as your organization can't be a WTF member. I too practice Taekwondo and am in Michigan.

BTW, Grandmaster Uhm, Woon Kyu is now President of the Kukkiwon-his name now appears on Poom and Dan certificates.

Take Care,

Miles