Greetings from Hungary

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ave!
Just thought that I'd introduce myself. My name is Adam Bodorics, I'm from Hungary, as you can see. I can't exactly remember when did my mania for everything handheld and edged/pointy, the first totally accurate milestone was when I started making knives at the age of 11. I've had a very slow learning time due to absolutely unsupporting family, but hey, I'm a fanatic, so less than 10 years later it seems that I'll start my own company. Since that early day I first tried making daggers, then swords, later a few crossbows, about 5 years ago I started making armour.
About using them, which has more importance here... I started seriously training at the age of 14 at the Ludus Magnus, Hungary, but I have been using stuff to hurt others since..... ahwell, the first photo about me depicts a cca 1 year old beating his dad's head.:EG: Sadly I was arrogant and stupid enough to ignore advices about warmups, so my shoulders and knees and wrists are half dead now. As if I'd care... when they'll be a real problem, I'll most likely have the money to have them repaired.
Back to training. After 2 years at the Ludus, I realized that gladii will never be my favourite weapon. Since then I'm studying the Liechtenauer tradition, out of any school. I simply don't care for reenactment, nor for the internal fights most hungarians love soooo much. This is a slower way, but it seems that I'm going the right direction. Emphasis on "seems".:boing2: My favoured weapons are the longsword, the dopplehander, the poleaxe and the dagger. I'm starting to develop a liking towards messers and hand-pavises slowly.
After all, I'm glad that I found this forum, I hope that my presence here will be advantageous for both sides... preferably me. (bad joke, sorry)
(sometimes I words the mix up, and my english still needs improving, my apologies in advance for this and for my very, very dark humour...)

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Adam Bodorics,

Welcome to Martial Talk.

We have a whole section dedicated to pointed bladed weapons you might enjoy.

You might want to take care of your body now so you can enjoy it more when you get older. Sounds like you are having fun learning and playing. It's interesting that each culture around the world has developed a sword technique for battle. The designs created for each region differs on it's style of fighting.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT....

Latest Discussions