Greek for wingless

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Definitely interesting, but I would like to see a bit more focus on moving more than 2.5 people with these new designs.

Had to convert the mileage to km and litres for it to make sense to me. I could go from Canberra to Sydney and back on a gallon and a half of petrol. That's pretty cool!

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Definitely interesting, but I would like to see a bit more focus on moving more than 2.5 people with these new designs.

Had to convert the mileage to km and litres for it to make sense to me. I could go from Canberra to Sydney and back on a gallon and a half of petrol. That's pretty cool!

I thought the .5 of a person was a bit disturbing actually but I agree. It seems like the majority of vehicles like this carry about 2 people.

It would seem that to be more marketable in today's world they need to carry 4 people.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought the .5 of a person was a bit disturbing actually but I agree. It seems like the majority of vehicles like this carry about 2 people.

It would seem that to be more marketable in today's world they need to carry 4 people.

Yeah, its looks like they have only thought about half the practicality at the moment. The next thing would be to get similar mileage out of a four, or even six, person vehicle.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw another article on this and posted it in the alternative fuels thread.

My concern then and now is how are they counting the 300 mpg. The original story stated that it was about 120 mpg with future enhancements of lithium batteries and other improvements (* My expectation is plug in to the wall for recharging *) to get the 300 mpg. Is this a fully charged battery system that is drained to get the 300 mpg?

I would like to see it succeed. I just want to understand how they are calculating their numbers.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw another article on this and posted it in the alternative fuels thread.

My concern then and now is how are they counting the 300 mpg. The original story stated that it was about 120 mpg with future enhancements of lithium batteries and other improvements (* My expectation is plug in to the wall for recharging *) to get the 300 mpg. Is this a fully charged battery system that is drained to get the 300 mpg?

I would like to see it succeed. I just want to understand how they are calculating their numbers.

That's a good point Rich.

It would be enlightening to know if at the end of your 300 miles you need to spend four hours recharging supplementary systems or not. I'm a big fan of the electric car and would very much like to see ventures like this succeed, if for no other reason than to reduce the self-important position of some oil-producing countries.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a good point Rich.

It would be enlightening to know if at the end of your 300 miles you need to spend four hours recharging supplementary systems or not. I'm a big fan of the electric car and would very much like to see ventures like this succeed, if for no other reason than to reduce the self-important position of some oil-producing countries.

Success here means success elsewhere as well.

The issue is that people need to understand or know what they are buying so people can make intelligent decisions on buying.

Latest Discussions