Greatest. Rifle Accessory. Evar.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Of all the places you'd expect to see an iPod I'm guessing the picatinny rail of an M110 sniper rifle would not be in the top ten. According to this article and another review the Knights Armament company protects the iPod in an Otterbox damage-resistant case.

What songs would be on your 6.25 playlist?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And another reason to Hate Apple.

The new "Tactical Ipod"

:p

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Of all the places you'd expect to see an iPod I'm guessing the picatinny rail of an M110 sniper rifle would not be in the top ten. According to this article and another review the Knights Armament company protects the iPod in an Otterbox damage-resistant case.

What songs would be on your 6.25 playlist?
Oh, dear GOD!

At least it's running bullet bullet ballistics software for wind and bullet drop......and not just music......now that WOULD be ridiculous!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Will it work with my iPhone? :idunno:

just kidding!!! :D

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Add a scope mounted laser range finder (they do make them) and connect it's digital output feed (turned to analog) to the IPOD software port.

Then have the IPOD's software output, insead of being displayed, conveted to analog and connected to the scope's ranging adjustments via servo motors.

Do that and you will end up with the same gizmo as the M1A1 tank uses to fire 2000 yard shots with first round hits!

Yes pop the laser and the cross hairs will be adjusted for the range. All you have to do as account for wind deflection and you are there. Might even have a knob that you turn and feed in the wind velocity (guestimated) and the scope will adjust for that to!

The only thing you won't have is the coaxal stabalized gun... but you know, they do make binoculars that ARE stabalized so who knows one day!

Deaf

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah guys, I know what it's for. But isn't it a lot more fun to present it this way?

For that matter, why don't the laser range-finder scopes already have the ballistics program onboard? It seems like the the only sensible way to do it.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah guys, I know what it's for. But isn't it a lot more fun to present it this way?
Oh, I agree....it's actually hilarious envisioning a sniper checking windage, elevation, his email, his myspace page, and figuring out next weeks schedule, while downloading music and watching the latest episode of 'The Office'!

WAR: Generation Y style!

'OH YEAH! THAT SHOT IS GOING ON MY MYSPACE PAGE!'

Last edited:

Latest Discussions