Great spinning backfist!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not allowed to watch it!

"This video contains content from ESPN, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

Can you say who and what please?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not allowed to watch it!

"This video contains content from ESPN, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

Can you say who and what please?

ESPN, Yahir Reyes spinning backfist KO on Estevan Payan. Fast and came from no where.
icon14.gif

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just goes to show you doing the unexpected can pay dividends.

He hit him spot on and the guy didn't see it coming (and that is why doing the unexpected works.) If it had been a conventional jab, or cross, he would have bobed or weaved or blocked. But that oblique move threw him off and he just walked into it.

Lesson to learn. Practice unusual attacks and practice them well.

Deaf

Master Stallion

White Belt
Reaction score
Just goes to show you doing the unexpected can pay dividends.

He hit him spot on and the guy didn't see it coming (and that is why doing the unexpected works.) If it had been a conventional jab, or cross, he would have bobed or weaved or blocked. But that oblique move threw him off and he just walked into it.

Lesson to learn. Practice unusual attacks and practice them well.

Deaf

My issue with this is that the guy that performed the backfist, although it worked, should have lost the fight the moment he made the step to set it up. As Deaf Smith says, the guy just walked into it. But if the guy just had his hands up like he should have the strike would have been blocked. I don't credit the fighter who performed the back fist as much as I credit the guy who stuck his chin out and waited to get clocked. I would suggest training your basics more then "the unexpected" because the fundamental most basic basic is you barrier...keeping your hands up. If the man just keep his hands up the man may have broke his arm when he threw the backfist or he should have at least caught a punch to the kidney. I know it happens quickly but man...just keep your hands up and the fight should have ended very differently.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
More of a spinning forearm than a spinning backfist...But it did the job.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saweeeeet!!!

Latest Discussions