got "freedom"?

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dumb machoistic "nothing-is-sacred" attitude that thinks the end justifies the means.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This sort of activity and arrogance nauseates me to no end. There are times, when I am forced to take notice of such behaviour, that I am shamed by my national connection to such people.

Loki said it best:
Loki said:
egg

DngrRuss

Orange Belt
Reaction score
And they wonder why we are perceived as bullys and arrogant around the world. How can we ever hope to receive respect if we do not give it.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Does whoever gave the neg rep feel the need to explain what he meant? because it's not obvious...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loki said:
Does whoever gave the neg rep feel the need to explain what he meant? because it's not obvious...

Please, let's not start this again with the rep.-complaints bleeding into the threads.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank you Arnisador, this is not the venue for reputation complaints.

On topic, I think that the fact that the Geneva Convention has once again been ignored by American forces abroad is indicative of a problem of leadership. I don't for a second believe that these types of actions are specifically sanctioned by the overarching US military leadership, but I do know that a fundamental principle of military leadership structure is accountability.

Given that, I sincerely hope that the unit commander is held to account for the actions of his or her soldiers. This type of intolerant and illegal activity will produce effects contrary to American objectives in the region in the form of anti-American sentiment from the general population as well as the Afghani leadership. Neither of these will assist in facilitating the removal of the Taliban from the region. Thus, nobody wins.

If nobody wins, too many innocent will have died in vain, and that would be an irreparable tragedy.

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
unfortunately there is no punishment what so ever
abu-ghraib abuse deserves ONLY 3 years of prison?!
now, THAT is a crime on behalf of the court and the society

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I too was hoping to see heftier sentences for some of the Abu Ghraib abuses. But, those who were at the trials heard all the evidence--one must trust that they reached the right decision.

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I too was hoping to see heftier sentences for some of the Abu Ghraib abuses. But, those who were at the trials heard all the evidence--one must trust that they reached the right decision.
i trust you are being sarcastic here, right?

Latest Discussions