Goshindo

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have had the pleasure to attend a number of JJ camps where Kyoshi Allain Sailly from France has been instructing in his art of Goshindo. This man is probably the most impressive martial artist I`ve ever met and his Goshindo very interesting indeed. However I am having a problem finding more information about this system. Can any of you help me out?

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
maybe it's the style of Aiki Goshindo by Maitre Roland Maroteaux. He is a menkyokaiden and shihan menkyo holder in several traditional Japanese Jujutsu systems, trained in Japan for quite a while, then broke away from his teachers to make his own group.

www.takeda-ryu.net

OP
Cirdan

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
As far as I know the Goshindo I talk about was founded by Alain Sailly. I think it takes movements from Ju Jutsu, Judo, Sambo and maybe Aikido.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've also seen Alain Sailly, years ago. Personally, I wasn't impressed back then, but to be honest, that was over 10 years ago and I was quite new to arts back then :D To me, his style looked a bit too much like dancing than self-defence. Anyway, the information about him seems to be mainly in french, surprise suprise. A quick googling brought this information:
The style was founded in 1978 in France, and it derivated from Hakko Ryu Jiu-Jitsu & Daito Ryu Aiki JuJutsu.

As for how accurate that statement really is, I wouldn't know

KOROHO

Green Belt
Reaction score
If GOOGLING (which by the way is now in the dictionary - Google is a verb) there will be a link to "translate this page". Just an FYI incase you haven't looked that close. It's easy to miss.

Does this "Goshindo" founder have any connection to Shogo Kuniba?

KOROHO

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes. That is one of the possible spellings.
I've also seen it as Syogo. But in my instructors manual and on certificate ist's Shogo.

OP
Cirdan

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Many Goshindo around I see...
Thanks for your input. :asian:

Latest Discussions