Good Morning

Charis

White Belt
Reaction score
Thought I would introduce myself as my first post.
I'm Charis. I study Taekwondo (ATA to be specific) - I am currently a Black Belt Rec. (I wish that step wasn't needed sometimes as I went decided through all my color belts). I studied right up until 1D Red 6 years ago and had to stop due to full time college courses and working three jobs. Now that I am out of college and live where there is a school I restarted in December. I have already received my Black Belt Rec since then, my midterm is in a week in a half, I have already competed in a regional tournament and placed (a complete shock to me, I went to get my feet wet - I figured I wouldn't place since I hadn't been back long) and we are going to Worlds in a few weeks. I cannot wait until October for my Black Belt testing. My DH also joined when I did and is doing an amazing job! He has taken to it like a fish to water. His camo testing is at the end of the month and he can't wait to spar (and from the few round he has gone non contact with our instructor he is going to be amazing at it).
In other part of my life - I do trauma nursing (the ICU the helicopters take you to), love my DH and have a bird and two dogs.

I look forward to becoming a part of this online community!

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I'm also currently studying at an ATA school and was just promoted to brown belt.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Welcome. Trauma nurse sounds like a tough job! What kind of dogs do you have?

OP
C

Charis

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Trauma nurse sounds like a tough job! What kind of dogs do you have?

Trauma nursing could defiantly be described as intense. My dogs are a siberian husky and a miniature american shepherd.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! The nurse experience helps I bet in dealing with nerves and stressful situations (tests/sparring?)

Latest Discussions