Good God...I've got yet ANOTHER VIRUS! HELP!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, I check my e-mail this morning and I find THIS damned message:

You have just received the Amish virus.

Since we have no electricity or computers, you are on the Honor system.

Please delete all of your files on your hard drive, then forward this message to everyone in your address book.

I clicked on "start"/"Run" and typed in msconfig. I then selected the startup tab.

I did a search for executable files, went through my program files, temp files, and used Norton to scan for the thing. NOTHING.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Steve

Pale Rider

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the case or not, so just take this with a grain of salt. Alot of times I have seen where the "virus" is only getting you to delete your necessary files based on a hoax. If you have an anti-virus software - run them if ever in doubt; I double check by running a different online anti-virus softare (i.e. Norton, McAfee etc..)

Please delete all of your files on your hard drive, then forward this message to everyone in your address book.
Think about that one, how can anyone with no computers or electricity send anyone a virus? And then they tell you to delete all of the files on your hard drive?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
So, I check my e-mail this morning and I find THIS damned message:

You have just received the Amish virus.

I clicked on "start"/"Run" and typed in msconfig. I then selected the startup tab.

I did a search for executable files, went through my program files, temp files, and used Norton to scan for the thing. NOTHING.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Steve
:roflmao:

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pale Rider said:
I don't know if this is the case or not, so just take this with a grain of salt. Alot of times I have seen where the "virus" is only getting you to delete your necessary files based on a hoax. If you have an anti-virus software - run them if ever in doubt; I double check by running a different online anti-virus softare (i.e. Norton, McAfee etc..)

Think about that one, how can anyone with no computers or electricity send anyone a virus? And then they tell you to delete all of the files on your hard drive?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is considered a virus hoax in that it is not really a virus, just tries to get you to delete your stuff.

Atleast I ve only heard of the Amish Hoax virus that is sent through email as a sort of gag, I ve never heard of a real pc virus called Amish Virus.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Steve, I'm not sure what's more funny - the joke you posted or everyone else trying to help you out! ROFL!!!

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
PT Barnum was right.....
actually, if your referring to "There's a sucker born every minute," he never said that. He is, however, the person responsible for adding the most words and phrases to the english language.

I learned all this at http://members.tripod.com/~earthdude1/barnum/barnum.html , a page which is on a site I found at bored.com

By the way, the only phrase that he is currently famous for is A sucker is born every minute. Strangely enough, he never said this. It was actually stated by his competitor - a banker named David Hannum, owner of the Cardiff Giant (which later turned out to be a hoax).

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hardhead... that virus is VERY DANGEROUS...

This is what you need to do...

You need to install AMISH ANTIVIRUS... You do this by Building a New Barn AROUND the computer...

:D

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Folks, I got it fixed. Thanks.

The virus only works when the computer is turned off, it seems.

I appreciate all the input.

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions