Funniest Martial Arts Scene in a Movie?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funniest Martial Arts Scene in a Movie?

A personal favourite is from "Foul Play" with Burgess Meredith fighting a terrorist woman.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are a few funny ones in "Kung Fu Hustle", but I like when the wannabe gangster tries to pick a fight with someone from the crowd. He points to what looks like a little scrawny guy kind of half hidden in the crowd, well the little guy stands up and ends up being huge. He decides against fighting him, so he picks someone else, when that person steps out he is built like a beast, so the wannabe doesn't want to fight him either.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are a few funny ones in "Kung Fu Hustle", but I like when the wannabe gangster tries to pick a fight with someone from the crowd. He points to what looks like a little scrawny guy kind of half hidden in the crowd, well the little guy stands up and ends up being huge. He decides against fighting him, so he picks someone else, when that person steps out he is built like a beast, so the wannabe doesn't want to fight him either.

I pretty much thought that every fight scene in KFH was hysterical—as well as being very good. I also think that the soccer matches in Shaolin Soccer have got to be regarded as martial arts fights—and every one of them was funny, some ridiculously so.

The Kidd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Please dont leave out Kung Pow- Fist of Fury and the evil "Betty"!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There were a few (non-MA) movies that had a few characters trying to use MA but went WAY over the top... Dumb and Dumber with Lloyd's dream sequence (typical Jim Carrey) and his fight with the resturant staff and the BOSS chef.

Austin Powers (no relation) first one where he goes around saying "Judo-Chop!" while knocking guys out with an axe hand to the back of their necks ... yeah right!

How-many of you remember a movie named: They Call Me Bruce? and it's sequel They Still Call Me Bruce http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084786/ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094131/ One of the taglines was : They also call me the man who ruined the reputation of every KUNG-FU expert!

I barely remember that one but recall one scene where he (attempts) to use nunchuckus and ends up knocking everybody out in the store... including himself!

Latest Discussions