FTC: Telemarketers Can Keep Calling (Do Not Call Registry).

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I play this little game with the telemarketers I call, "Philosophical debate." I simply engage each telemarketer in a discussion revolving around certain philosophical concepts, such as the right to privacy, consensual discourse, and perhaps even the economics of minimum-wage telemarketing jobs.

One in three hangs up screaming.

One in three starts crying.

One in three gets the manager and then I do the same thing to HIM.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to try to upset them.

Many times, I would just say give me your manager, for I am about to yell at someone.

Yet, I realized that most if nto all of my calls were BOZO's I did nto want to talk too. I am now 100% Cell Phone. one for work and the other for home. My Friends and Family have the numbers and they are the only calls I get. It is really nice. As long as it cost your money to receive a call, they cannot cold call you.

This is how I handled it. Now it is not the right solution for everyone, yet, it as for me. Beside, the home one was a free phone 250 anytime minutes, unlimited night and weekends, free long distance as long as I call from my area (* All of South EasT MI *), free voice mail for $24.95 a mont plus taxes, which is just below $30 a month. It not only was better for service and happiness, it was cheaper.

Good Luck everyone

Latest Discussions